SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 24-04-06, 02:14 PM   #1
Shinsei Jutsu

Default Bike Safe

Has anyone bought a bike safe? I might be getting one soon and was just wondering how many people it takes to build one of those things.

Thanks in advance
Shin
Old 24-04-06, 02:26 PM   #2
Viney
Mega Poster

Theys should come 'installed' iirc. They have to to conform to the Thatcham regs. If not, about 2 hours id imagine. No worse than a shed
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-06, 02:29 PM   #3
Shinsei Jutsu

Quote:
Practical - delivered to your door, for easy assembly with full instructions provided, the anti-corrosion, no-maintenance, weatherproof galvanised steel design can be secured to any flat surface, ensuring a dry bike, with space for your accessories.
After reading that on their website I thought it would be a 'build it yourself' jobby. Be good if they built it for me though!
Old 24-04-06, 02:30 PM   #4
Viney
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinsei Jutsu
Quote:
Practical - delivered to your door, for easy assembly with full instructions provided, the anti-corrosion, no-maintenance, weatherproof galvanised steel design can be secured to any flat surface, ensuring a dry bike, with space for your accessories.
After reading that on their website I thought it would be a 'build it yourself' jobby. Be good if they built it for me though!
Than about 2 hours I'll bring a socket set
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-06, 02:33 PM   #5
Shinsei Jutsu

sweet!
Old 24-04-06, 09:59 PM   #6
Gnan

i think they're a bit crap to be honest, they are nice and thick steel and then the door is secured by a thin hasp and a padlock that looks like it could be sheared off in seconds, what's the point??! plus they're very expensive!

EDIT: i was thinking about the TriMetals bike garage, which is similar - the BikeSafe one looks a lot better but jeeeesus they're nearly 2 grand!
Old 25-04-06, 07:28 AM   #7
Shinsei Jutsu

Gnan I'm talking about the bike safe from here.

These are Insurance company approved and so I can now class my bike as being Garaged and drop my insurance price. As I have no where to build a garage, but I should be able to put one of these in my parking space it will in the long run save me money. and it is £750, which isn't too bad I think.
Old 25-04-06, 12:52 PM   #8
Gnan

sounds like a good idea, i was looking at an industrial unit with 1 inch steel and 7 bolt-deadlocks