SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

TOTALSV Ireland Forum for SV riders in Ireland

Old 26-07-06, 03:29 PM   #11
the white rabbit

I'll look forward to a full report.

I'm thinking of another short trip later this summer and had considered west coast Scotland but Ive been there loads so Ireland's another idea.

So have a good time and I'll copy
Old 28-07-06, 08:58 AM   #12
Couerdelion

Just bear in mind that the time it takes to travel between places over here is a bit longer than in England due to the roads not being anything like flat and straight.

So that would mean the 21st in Dublin

22nd -> Dublin to Killarney is a good 4-5 hours... Probably best doing that in a morning then spending the afternoon looking round Killarney and going to the Gap of Dunloe.

23rd -> Ride the Ring of Kerry and add the Ring of Skerrig onto it. Fantastic scenery. Lunch on Valencia Island.

24th ->I'd miss out Limerick and make your way straight to Galway. and spend the day/night there, or just have lunch in Galway and make your way straight t Connemara.

25th -> Ride up to Connemara if you're not already there. Have a look round and then either start heading back to Dublin if you have an early ferry and book a place in the midlands or if you have a later ferry stay in connemara and do the 4-5 hour trip back on the next day

26th -> as above.

Don't know if you've got accomadation booked but if you haven't I usually use www.hostelworld.com

Have a good trip and if you want showing round Dublin on the friday night I'll be happy to oblige
Old 28-07-06, 09:46 AM   #13
Messie
The Teacer
Mega Poster

Default Watch out, watch out, BigApe is about.

Thanks for that Couerdelion. We've got an extra day now so we're going to Cork first then on to Kerry. I'd forgotten about Valencia island - absolutley beautiful place. We'll definately have to go there.

We'll be back in Dublin on the thursday now before the ferry on friday. Love to meet up with you then if you can make it. May have to have a bevvy or two tho, it's my birthday then!
Old 28-07-06, 04:29 PM   #14
Stig

Extra day

Where did that come from then I thought we were just moving the dates forward by one day
Old 04-08-06, 04:28 AM   #15
philipMac

I would agree with Couerdelion there for the most part.
Only..
I would probably not bother with Connemara, and just hang down by the Ring of Kerry there,
and head on down to the Beara Peninsula,
drop over to the Allihies,
and stay over in Baltimore. You could even jump on a ferry and sail to Sherkin Island for the day. Walk out to the foot of Slieve Mor, go to the sea side part, and you will see the house that I am buying... at some point in my life
Nothing against Connemara... I am just thinking about keeping things relaxed (I am a lazy backstard)... and I just love that area.

And... all of a sudden I am sick and tired of living in NYC. And I want to go home.
Valencia. Jesus.

Enjoy it the both of you.