SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 09-06-06, 05:50 PM   #1
andyaikido

Default Anyone done the Nurburgring?

Seriously considering a trip. Have looked at the obvious websites but if anyone's got any tips or stories i would be grateful.
Old 09-06-06, 06:08 PM   #2
lurcher

Default NURBERGRING

hi, try the eurotours section,3 off the site went last year and theres another trip planned for the end of july ,theres still time to join,its an awesome place to ride,and the roads are just as good
Old 09-06-06, 07:10 PM   #3
K

Default Re: NURBERGRING

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurcher
hi, try the eurotours section,3 off the site went last year and theres another trip planned for the end of july ,theres still time to join,its an awesome place to ride,and the roads are just as good
Hee hee, me going. Getting all excited already.
Old 09-06-06, 07:15 PM   #4
muffles

i'm going on the 22nd of this month - and i've only had my licence since 25th april and bike since 27th april
Old 09-06-06, 07:42 PM   #5
Scooby Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffles
i'm going on the 22nd of this month - and i've only had my licence since 25th april and bike since 27th april
Make sure that Clarkson is not on there at the same time as you, he drives like a tw@! Just the usual advice: keep a cool head and don't get dragged into a race with someone who has more skill or experience
Old 09-06-06, 08:07 PM   #6
andyaikido

Cheers guys,

have had a look at the July trip. Will post there from now on.
Old 09-06-06, 08:21 PM   #7
muffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Drew
Quote:
Originally Posted by muffles
Make sure that Clarkson is not on there at the same time as you, he drives like a tw@! Just the usual advice: keep a cool head and don't get dragged into a race with someone who has more skill or experience
lol, don't think there's much chance of that - i went on a ride with a load of bikers i know, through country roads, and they were so much faster round the corners it's unbelieveable! admittedly i can see what i need to do (move body, lean a bit, get lines right) but still...i was shocked at how far behind in the learning curve i was! i didn't honestly think i would start at that level....!
Old 09-06-06, 09:05 PM   #8
Mr.kneedown

as has been said be careful mate, its not only the bikes but alot of cars will come revving up behind you expecting a race - DONT GET DRAGGED IN - its so easily too. But, keep to your own line and speed and you'll have an excellent day marvelling at the faster riders and thinking: "one day that will be me". :P
Old 10-06-06, 05:52 AM   #9
Lissa
Just Ballast
Mega Poster

We did the Nurburgring last year. If you can, avoid doing it at the weekend, and do one of the weekday evenings. It's a LOT quieter then!

We did it on a Tuesday evening, went round three times, and still had mad German's in their Porsche's and BMW's to contend with. USE YOUR MIRRORS!!! These 4 wheelers will be WAY quicker than you are, they know the track well and give no quarter.

We went back to watch on a Friday, and were really glad we weren't going round then. Saw a Mercedes sprinter van going round, a coach full of tourists, and loads of Brits in cars and bikes having near misses because they didn't appreciate just how quick the locals would be.

Having said that...............MY GOD IT WAS FANTASTIC!!!! We're returning to Germany next year, and will certainly be doing the Ring again

I'd Rather Have Two Big Bangs Than Four Little Strokes
Lissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-06, 09:31 PM   #10
muffles

we're arriving thursday, i guess i might get a chance to go on friday during the day, is that better than the evenings??