SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 30-03-13, 01:43 AM   #1541
Spank86

Default Re: The weight loss Thread

I'm 9st 12.

Heaviest I've ever been.

Honestly, swimming is bette than walking (or anything) for most things, I'd be surprised if you couldn't do that bearing in mind you might need to not use body parts, a float will compensate.
Old 02-04-13, 02:00 PM   #1542
Woogie

Well finally weighed myself this Sunday gone 18st 8lbs. Time to start the diet and get on it
Old 02-04-13, 02:41 PM   #1543
AndyBrad

Right im in.

172 lb this morning. Need to be at 154 lb. Guess the boost cake bar ive just had isn't going to help .

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Old 02-04-13, 02:50 PM   #1544
ClunkintheUK

Good Luck to all you organs trying to get back in shape again.

Owenski, 10 miles a day each way quickly adds up to a lot of exercise. The first few weeks or months even could be awful, feeling tired all the time and a real drag to get yourself on the bike in the morning. But then you get in the stride and it all falls into place. Also whilst pootling along not pushing it won;t have much effect, its better to ride every day, then gun it for three days and not be able to ride the other two.

Also given that you are upping the exercise too, I wouldn't weigh yourself, you will put on weight as you gain muscle and the last thing you'd want to do is starve your body when it is trying to put on muscle and re-shape. If you want a target, I would suggest measuring your waist and shoulders/chest, and look to loose around your waist.
Old 08-04-13, 08:25 AM   #1545
Owenski

First Update:
You're not wrong Clunkin! I secured a bike a week ago and after a weeks leave from work I began cycling to work today and OMG its going to be a struggle. 9.7m in 47minutes is going to need to be improved but I really took it easy on parts as the last thing I wanted was to arrive at work burnt out.
Anyway the stats:

18.03.13 : 12st 9lbs
08.04.13 : 12st 6lbs
Target Weight: 10st 7lbs

3lbs through a smarter diet is not overwhelmingly pleasing but at least its heading in the right direction
Add the cycling onto that and I should start seeing a marked improvement.
Old 08-04-13, 08:41 AM   #1546
Woogie

Well I changed my diet for the better last week and my body seems to have hated it to start with considering each time I went to the toilet I thought I was opening a portal into the deepest darkest depths of hell and then re-weighed myself last night and am now 18st 2lbs so Seems I cleared out some junk and could have possibly been retaining water.

02/04/2013 18st 8lbs
08/04/2013 18st 2lbs
Old 08-04-13, 08:42 AM   #1547
AndyBrad

Ok looking good matt.

Things not so great for me. Limited myself to 1300 cals a day and started with a little exercise.
1/04/13 168lb
8/04/13 167lb

Gutted and starving. Target is 155.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-04-13, 09:09 AM   #1548
jamesymurray

I started on a keep fit regime after the new year.
I ballooned around 9 years back when I first left home and succumbed to the vices of nightly drinking and takeaways, reaching nigh on 16 stone. In the intervening years I managed to get that down to between 13 and 13.5 stone, but always with a bit of an overhang to the trousers.
Years of 'I must get into shape' and going to the gym has always ended in apathy and half-arsed attempts.
It took a friend to point out I had piled on the Christmas pounds to spur me into action.
Since mid-Jan, I have cut my boozing down dramatically, limited myself to around 1600 cals a day (allowing for a bit of excess once or twice a month) and started to work out more.

My stamina for exercise has always been poor, and at first I could only manage 1 lap of Finsbury Park (approx 1.5 miles) before having to give up, but plodding away at that 5 times a week, and now I can manage 2 no problem.
Weight has gone down to 12st 3lbs.

I really do miss pints and pizza though.
jamesymurray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-13, 07:20 PM   #1549
Knobby

I am 3 pounds off losing 3 stone since 31.12.12
When I started I was 18.4 stone.
I dont hardly drink booze at all and havent for years. All I have donbe is cut out as many carbs as poss.
No spuds or anything with spuds in any form,no pasta or anything pasta based,no bread or anything bread based.
All I have per day is slim shake for brek and lunch,fruit for a snack and a main meal of salad with meat or fish.
Now and then I have a "treat" meal of sausage,bacon,fried egg and baked beans.

My SV feels faster already !
My C90 and SH125 are loving Me being lighter and none of my jeans fit anymore.
Old 09-04-13, 03:15 PM   #1550
ClunkintheUK

Congrats to those who are on the way. Well done Knobby.

Owenski, You may well get Heavier even as you get slimmer. Yeah my first couple of weeks riding to work (about 10 miles flat, in around 35-40 mins) was hard and I was used to cycling a lot before that. I could knock out 100 miles with little forethought, but commuting is relentless. I gained half a stone (to 11st) and lost an inch round the waist.