SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 16-10-13, 08:37 PM   #11
Mikey360

Default Re: SFV 650 out this year!

That's a disappointment. Why SFV?! Why not SV650N!?
New chassis, upgraded forks, Sports / Bikini fairing and bring the SV back into the game!!!!!
Old 16-10-13, 08:43 PM   #12
MrMessy

They need to update one with good spec upside down forks and more power.
Which then would be a good base for supertwin racing!
MrMessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-13, 08:59 PM   #13
Bibio
Mega Poster

it's not just uk/usa that they have to think about but their home market and further afield. yes the UK and Western world would welcome upgraded suspension and other goodies from the off but i don't think it would matter one jolt in other markets.

suzuki need to get up to date with technology, look at honda's xrunner for example it's streets ahead of anything suzuki has on offer. traction control, ABS, auto box, shaft drive great MPG and all wrapped up in something the public want, i'm very impressed with honda's xrunner having seen one in action, fantastic bike aimed at a niche in the market.

yes suzuki.. WAKE UP!!!
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-13, 09:06 PM   #14
Speedy
Mega Poster

Looks too much like a Gladius, and they sold well.................
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-13, 01:17 AM   #15
Jayneflakes
Mega Poster

Hey folks, we got our MAG magazine this week and on the back cover was an advert for an insurance company. However the bike caused me some confusion, it was clearly a Pointy, but the fairing was even more pointy that normal, the screen seemed lower and the headlights appeared to join across the nose cone.

So this is this a special that someone has made in the shed or has someone slipped out a photo of a new model? I have tried to find a photo on line, but it is not happening!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepeahead View Post
Jayne you're a Pussy Magnet
My bar swap and custom suspension

Buy my latest novel and help fund my addiction to strippers and Lego.
Jayneflakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-13, 12:15 PM   #16
SV650Racer

Much stronger motor than the SV..produces more BHP.

Did someone mention traction?....on a bike with 72bhp...really?.
Old 17-10-13, 06:28 PM   #17
quik_d

I really can't see the difference in this to the old one
Old 18-10-13, 07:19 AM   #18
Owenski

For me the SV is brilliant, its such a middle of the pack bike I think its perfect (for me). The sports bikes you get "above it" are not my cup of tea, the smaller GS bikes you get "below" it are not my cup of tea so the concept of the SV is fantastic IMHO.
Because of that middle of the pack style I acknowledge suzuki are restricted in how much they can do to the SV.
For example if you put USD forks on it then you're taking market share from the GSR (600 & 750) if you upgrade the brakes to radial you're over specing from the GSR and perhaps pulling sales from a few of the older sports bike riders who are looking for comfort but dont want to loose the sports bikes spec charting.

The 650lump is a piece of genius and redesigning a bike around that engine whilst maintaining conventional forks and a basic rear shock you're pretty limited to what you can do. IMHO they nailed it with the pointy SV-N but they could have added some radiator fairings and a nicer headlight unit.
The further they get from that bike the harder they'll find it to please me (from what I can see) of course they could go totally radical and blow my mind which would be awesome... but I couldn't tell you how that would be possible.
Old 18-10-13, 10:35 AM   #19
Jason H

Apologies if I'm wrong on this one but wasn't the actual model designation of the Gladius the SFV650 anyway?

That photo is a Gladius...

J
Mods: Renthal Flat bars, 's' clutch perch, GSXR front master cylinder, CNC shorty levers, Tail Tidy, Fuel Mini S/S Slip-on, 15/47, 's' Swing-arm, Pillion seat cowl, GSXR 750 front end, CNC polished top yoke, R6 Throttle tube, GSXR rear shock

Jason H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-13, 10:39 AM   #20
Owenski

This Wiki Pages certainly agrees with you:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzuki_SFV650_Gladius

So I could sit here and claim to have been trolling... unfortunately that just wasn't the case and instead its just a flat out fail on my behalf.
Que all those who can now claim to have known all along...