SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 09-09-20, 06:57 PM   #11
embee
Mega Poster

Default Re: BMW won't be amused

BMW haven't got a problem with having stuff made in China ...
https://news.cgtn.com/news/2019-09-1...03e/index.html
Old 10-09-20, 10:22 AM   #12
carelesschucca
Mega Poster

Just reminds me of the old Cagiva Mito. But for the life of me I just can't remember what bike they copied.

sv650s (gone) gsx-r600 (gone) Street R675 (now living in Inbhir Nis )
carelesschucca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-20, 10:42 AM   #13
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by embee View Post
BMW haven't got a problem with having stuff made in China ...
https://news.cgtn.com/news/2019-09-1...03e/index.html
Having stuff made in China is bonkers, all they are doing is supporting a communist regime with non-existent human rights and also giving the CCP technology that may well be used against them come WW3. Trade is one of the best ways of improving conditions and the attitude of countries and bring them into the civilised world, but it has not worked with the CCP, time to choose another method.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-20, 04:39 PM   #14
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

For those of you that remember our good friend Spannerman (who I saw today, when I dropped Hugh off with him for his three year service), he has a very specific opinion of Chinese motorcycles. See it in his own "subtle" language on his homepage. It's even more direct on the Servicing page "I don't do Euro****e such as Ducati, Aprilia, KTM, Piaggio or Peugeot etc. Nor do I get involved with anything Chinese, (apart from fried rice). So, if you have a Piece of Eurocrap, or a Chinese made Motorcycle, tough luck! Kindly take it somewhere else! ". He was telling me this morning about a carb one of his customers had bought and asked him to fit to a CG125- it was clearly a knock off, despite saying "Mikuni", and he said it was never likely to work, and he was right. So he gave it back to the punter and fixed the ignition switch, which was causing the issue anyway.
Old 10-09-20, 05:23 PM   #15
gadget

[QUOTE=DJ123;3119646]I think you'll find there's currently a world wide issue which has been going on for nearly a year now, and is still

I have known a few younger bikers with restricted licenses and budgets that have been sucked in on price and thus bought chinese made bikes with various makers names stamped on the tank and tbh they looked at first glance halfway decent, closer inspection revealed they were pretty much all built to a price but performed reasonably well (as much as any of them could in the hands of a teenager)! The most common complaint I've heard about is when trade in time comes they get hammered.
gadget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-20, 05:25 PM   #16
gadget

Quote:
Originally Posted by carelesschucca View Post
Just reminds me of the old Cagiva Mito. But for the life of me I just can't remember what bike they copied.
Was it the Honda CX500!?
gadget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-20, 05:28 PM   #17
glang

[QUOTE=gadget;3119669]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ123 View Post
I think you'll find there's currently a world wide issue which has been going on for nearly a year now, and is still

I have known a few younger bikers with restricted licenses and budgets that have been sucked in on price and thus bought chinese made bikes with various makers names stamped on the tank and tbh they looked at first glance halfway decent, closer inspection revealed they were pretty much all built to a price but performed reasonably well (as much as any of them could in the hands of a teenager)! The most common complaint I've heard about is when trade in time comes they get hammered.
wonder if thats the story with the Benelli TRK 502....
glang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-20, 11:01 PM   #18
svenrico

Don't a lot of bike manufacturers use components made in China nowadays ?!
svenrico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-20, 11:07 PM   #19
svenrico

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV650rules View Post
Having stuff made in China is bonkers, all they are doing is supporting a communist regime with non-existent human rights and also giving the CCP technology that may well be used against them come WW3. Trade is one of the best ways of improving conditions and the attitude of countries and bring them into the civilised world, but it has not worked with the CCP, time to choose another method.
Quite right. Trouble is a lot of stuff on ebay like bike parts can be bought from China at a fraction of the price of UK goods and it isn't all poor quality.
svenrico is offline   Reply With Quote