SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 05-04-14, 04:37 PM   #11
davepreston

Default Re: Road Rage - Do you?

I have been known to assist drivers from there cars via the window to show them the area behind where the incident took place
one of the best was when a bmw driver was swerving at me on a rideout and at the red light the rest of the org pulled up around his car and I had a couple of words
Old 05-04-14, 05:02 PM   #12
Luckypants
Mega Poster

I do tend to shout at people to look....
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-14, 05:28 PM   #13
Specialone

I have to confess I had (much better now) a real anger management problem when I used to commute 50 miles every day by car, I even contemplated getting help over it as it was escalating and I was worried I'd get myself in bad bother, luckily I stopped commuting and I had a word with myself so kinda sorted it myself.
That said, when I get the red mist sometimes, I can get too wound up still, if an individual is involved and they push my buttons at the wrong time then yes I'm sure I'd rivert back to my old self.
I'm not a confrontational guy, I actively avoid it, in fact I'd prefer to keep it like the rest of my days, I have to be pretty angry to get like that these days, i also hate feeling that wound up, much prefer to be calmer, better for your blood pressure.

As fallout said, everyone makes mistakes, me included but just a hand up or any acknowledgement of their error is enough to pacify most of us, it's what I do when I make a bad call.
It's the arrogant ones that really winds me up...
Old 05-04-14, 09:00 PM   #14
keith_d
Mega Poster

It was "National To55pot Day" out on the A40 today. Lots of ditherers doing 65 mph in lane 3, and boy racers pulling two lane undertakes weaving between lanes 1 and 2.

All topped off by someone who clearly wanted to see if his fiesta would fit in my boot, despite the fact he could easily see the van in front of me wasn't going anywhere. When I got an opportunity I let him past. Then demonstrated just how close I could get my Mondeo for about 200 yards before moving back into lane 2. I guess that makes me a road rage candidate.

Last edited by keith_d; 05-04-14 at 09:03 PM.
keith_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-14, 09:05 PM   #15
Mrs DJ Fridge

Last time I had a problem out on the bike I was indicating to pull back into the left hand lane when a 'gentleman' in a black Range Rover undertook me, I had gone to pull over to the left as soon as it was safe, he was just being an unmentionable person. To tell the truth I was so scared that he had nearly taken me out that all I could do for the next quite a few miles was turn the air inside my lid so blue I am amazing it didn't permanently change colour. When someone ran into my car whilst I was driving down the road many years ago I sat and counted to 10 before getting out of the car, she was so apologetic I could not be angry at her. So I guess that it would show that on balance I am not a very road rage driver.
Old 05-04-14, 09:16 PM   #16
widepants

All the time.I know it wrong but only 2 days ago on that same round about I had the same problem.I actually found myself threatening to pull him out of the car to smash his face in.....Getting worse with age and I know its not good
widepants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-14, 05:47 AM   #17
NTECUK
Mega Poster

Any boxy ford is likely a Fusion driven by a mum whom is easy distracted from the baby (the front seat folds so that they can see them better) or an OAP.
So they fit in the Saxo, white van category, Wide berth jobs.
Longer you've been driving. The easier it get to avoid the situations.

Last edited by NTECUK; 06-04-14 at 08:09 AM.
NTECUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-14, 07:45 AM   #18
The Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTECUK View Post
... Wide birth jobs.
You a midwife?

Or do you mean wide berth?
Old 06-04-14, 08:07 AM   #19
NTECUK
Mega Poster

Lol dam you auto correct.
Old 06-04-14, 08:17 AM   #20
socommk23

Ive seen red on one occasion. I was on my way to work in slow moving traffic. An inpatient white van man was pushing his way out from a road on the left. On seeing me he decided I should give him right of way when I was infront of him. My left foot rubbed across his front bumper as he pushed out into me. I just saved my bike from falling over, imediatly putting it on its stand in the middle of the road. I turned around ranting and swearing hitting the van hard enough to dent the door. I remember seeing his face...a huge muscle bound man was crappin himself....and sped off as fast as he could. (I was in bike gear and quite loud).
By the time I got to work I still dont know what I said. It was just blind rage. And its not a good thing. Im glad I couldnt get in the van....it could have been a different story.

Now im much more mellow. Generally a quick middle finger will keep it quick and formal.