SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 12-09-21, 05:40 PM   #5441
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

Default Re: Smile of the day - What is yours?

My elbow can bend again and aches less. This would have been a gripe a few days ago. My elbow became very painful at work and swelled up. By the evening I was feeling weird and in a lot of pain so went to the local walk in centre. Diagnosed as bursitis on my elbow. I'd cut it a few days before and having got bad infections and felt the same from a small cut on my finger a few years ago I thoughjt it was connected. The nurse didn't seem to think so though. I've not other reason for it though and still think the small cut on my elbow (careful using dremels!) followed by a day riding in the heat and the humidity in my jacket would have made the perfect environment for any small amount of infection to breed and kick in a few days later.

Very painful and awkward few days but very pleased to be getting back to normal now hopefuly and not taking my arm bending for granted for a while.
Adam Ef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-21, 06:59 PM   #5442
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Got to be very careful with any injury, however small that breaks the skin. Infections can get very nasty very quickly, and best not to rely on antibiotics as every bug on the planet is resistant. A good wash and Savlon or teatree creme ( or just alcohol gel but it stings ) an ounce of prevention worth a ton of cure.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-21, 07:37 PM   #5443
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Glad it's easing Adam. Didn't realise you'd injured your elbow. That hot day on the bike, and the distance you must have covered certainly won't have helped!
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-21, 08:28 PM   #5444
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

I didn't really know what the cut was like as I couldn't see my elbow. I only knew I'd done it when I saw blood dripping down my arm. It had healed when were riding Gary, but possibly came open again. Fairly sure it was an infection.

Not as bad as the last one on my finger that the doctor told me would have put me in hospital if I'd left it a day longer.
Adam Ef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-21, 08:56 AM   #5445
CheGuevara

Smile of the weekend: Watching some brilliant racing at Silverstone. Highlights included the pit walk where my 10yo got a signed slider from Christian Iddon, and then later spotting John McGuinness, who despite being busy was gracious enough to take a moment for a photo with my boys. Genuinely all of the racers were so approachable and great with the kids - I'll definitely make an effort to get to more BSB rounds.

I also got a screaming deal on a Hel billet radial front master cylinder (will need a double-banjo pressure switch, if anyone can recommend a good/sensitive one) at their stand - definitely an "I don't need it, but I must have it" purchase. I made my boys swear not to tell their mother, but within 5 minutes of being home my 8yo had spilled the beans So every silver-lining has a cloud there (my gripe of the weekend maybe). I'm thinking of changing his name to Judas.
CheGuevara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-21, 09:02 AM   #5446
admin
John T
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheGuevara View Post
Smile of the weekend: Watching some brilliant racing at Silverstone. Highlights included the pit walk where my 10yo got a signed slider from Christian Iddon, and then later spotting John McGuinness, who despite being busy was gracious enough to take a moment for a photo with my boys. Genuinely all of the racers were so approachable and great with the kids - I'll definitely make an effort to get to more BSB rounds.

I also got a screaming deal on a Hel billet radial front master cylinder (will need a double-banjo pressure switch, if anyone can recommend a good/sensitive one) at their stand - definitely an "I don't need it, but I must have it" purchase. I made my boys swear not to tell their mother, but within 5 minutes of being home my 8yo had spilled the beans So every silver-lining has a cloud there (my gripe of the weekend maybe). I'm thinking of changing his name to Judas.
Lol. The minute you say 'don't tell your mother' your fate is sealed.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
Old 19-09-21, 10:37 AM   #5447
Chris_SVS

After 7 or 8 weeks I finally got the tracer out a run, could get used to that!
Chris_SVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-21, 10:15 PM   #5448
chris8886
Mega Poster

This is from Sunday. Had a rideout with some old orgers!! Had a great ride up through and round some roads in Hertfordshire and made a pass through Tring to stop by at another orgers house. Was fantastic to see a few people I haven't seen in quite a while
Daytona 675: Arrow can (with a baffle that's gone missing in action....), quickshifter, shorty levers, custom paintjob
chris8886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-21, 11:26 AM   #5449
Seeker
Mega Poster

Let's all thank our Prime Minister for helping out.

The problem: UK birthrate falling: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57600757

He helped by: having 6 kids, what a guy! https://www.thedailybeast.com/boris-...-have-six-kids

(disclaimer: this is satire, I have no respect for BoZo whatsover)
Old 26-09-21, 01:07 PM   #5450
CheGuevara

Took an roughly 5-6yr old tap back to Screwfix due to a problem with the handle. No receipt, but the managed to exchange me for a new tap. That was great, but the real smile-maker was that as it's £10 cheaper now, they refunded me that difference as well.
CheGuevara is offline   Reply With Quote