SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 23-11-21, 09:04 PM   #10241
Seeker
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig380 View Post
It's at times like this I think of Seeker's Biggest Mudflap In The World.
World's Biggest Mudflap™ (patent pending)

Old 23-11-21, 11:07 PM   #10242
svenrico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
owning a home is an asset and assets are wealth.

its a known fact that if you live on your own you are put in a care home then the council (social work) sell your house to pay for the care. the care prices vary widely and an average is £1500 a week... yes you read right. in Scotland it all started when holyrood said they had found an extra few hundred million to pump into the NHS. what they actually done was turned the care into private sector.

the local councils now have to foot the bill for those that dont have any assets. this in turn is driving council tax up.

the other thing is is you do have a lot of assets that put you in a swanky care home at £3000 a week until the money runs out then transfer you to a shizz hole to rot away.

my advice is spend spend spend before you retire. if you have already retired then spend even more.

if your poor your feked........ and its off to the scumbox along side all the shizz a pizz residents.
I think you could be right, with inflation what will our money be worth in 5 years time anyway ?! On social care etc, my eldest sister died with dementia in a care home and left a share of her will to her younger sister who is now in a care home with the onset of dementia. Her inheritance will be taken to pay for her care fees, when they were being paid by the council because she had no assets. So I suppose she should be congratulated for saving the council money!
svenrico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-21, 11:32 PM   #10243
svenrico

Angry Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig380 View Post
Bloody awful SV 'mudguards.' Roads were wet for 10 miles out of my 90-odd mile ride today and the bike was plastered with crud afterwards.

It's at times like this I think of Seeker's Biggest Mudflap In The World.
Bloody sawn off mudguards ! They should provide a fuller mudguard as an option on bikes. These minimal front mudguards aren't even long enough when you fit a fender extender to them.
svenrico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-21, 09:21 AM   #10244
Craig380
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenrico View Post
Bloody sawn off mudguards ! They should provide a fuller mudguard as an option on bikes.
Either that, or an on-call valet service to wash the bike down for me when I get home ...
Craig380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-21, 11:40 AM   #10245
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

Anyone know how to actually contact anyone that's not a chat loop robot on their site or and automated loop that hangs up on you after reading out the status of a parcel that hasn't moved for a week, that you can read yourself on their site anyway?
Adam Ef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-21, 12:36 PM   #10246
Bibio
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Ef View Post
Anyone know how to actually contact anyone that's not a chat loop robot on their site or and automated loop that hangs up on you after reading out the status of a parcel that hasn't moved for a week, that you can read yourself on their site anyway?
contact the seller....

or say other when asked or just dont do anything. this usually puts the system into default mode. if its a true no human system then your stuffed. if you say speak to a human on chat bods it usually transfers you to someone real.

good luck.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-21, 12:44 PM   #10247
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

Noth systems ask you for a parcel number. If you don't give the number it says they can't do anything without the number. If you do give it then it reads you the status that you can read yourself in the tracking page (that hasn't changed for a week). After it's read you the staus it aks if you want to check another parcel. No other option to take anything further with that parcel. If you say no, you don't want to check another then it says goodbye.

I've launched a dispute through Paypal as that's the only way I can actually send a message.. by adding a note in the dispute description. Absurd.
Adam Ef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-21, 01:21 PM   #10248
embee
Mega Poster

Just been on the phone to the District Council. I received a letter regarding council tax discount fraud checks which I immediately assumed was a scam, but apparently it isn't, it's a central government initiative. Chatted to a couple of very helpful council folk.
The wording on the form is appalling. One question is a potential double negative which is tricky to work out what you are supposed to answer (I am no longer the sole adult over 18 living at the address - yes/no). There is a list of options for resident status which doesn't include "owner" (joint owner/tenant/partner - yes/no). There are missing words in sentences, commas where they shouldn't be. The whole thing is very intimidating and a mess.
Apparently the letter form came from above, the local council folk are feeding back that it's a mess. It's not rocket science, who are the numpties responsible for these things? Why don't they just show it to someone else and see what they think first, before sending it out?
Old 24-11-21, 03:26 PM   #10249
DJ123
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by embee View Post
Just been on the phone to the District Council. I received a letter regarding council tax discount fraud checks which I immediately assumed was a scam, but apparently it isn't, it's a central government initiative. Chatted to a couple of very helpful council folk.
The wording on the form is appalling. One question is a potential double negative which is tricky to work out what you are supposed to answer (I am no longer the sole adult over 18 living at the address - yes/no). There is a list of options for resident status which doesn't include "owner" (joint owner/tenant/partner - yes/no). There are missing words in sentences, commas where they shouldn't be. The whole thing is very intimidating and a mess.
Apparently the letter form came from above, the local council folk are feeding back that it's a mess. It's not rocket science, who are the numpties responsible for these things? Why don't they just show it to someone else and see what they think first, before sending it out?
Because the MP who initiated it had a friend who could do it for 'the best price'.

BMW F800ST
DJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-21, 05:17 PM   #10250
Bibio
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by embee View Post
must be the same illiterate numpty who done one i filled in a while ago.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote