SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 05-07-05, 08:05 PM   #1
jenni

Default need help getting a deal

i've seen two bikes:

2001 Y Reg SUZUKI SV650 SK1 650CC
Yellow, 33bhp Legal. 6 Months major parts and labour warranty, Finance available subject to status, Full 12 months MOT, Nationwide delivery available, Part exchange welcome, very good condition. Can be supplied with or without 33 bhp rest for same price,fairing lowers,undertray £2,595.

2002 52 Reg SUZUKI SV 650CC
600 miles. One Owner, Immaculate Condition. this bike has had one lady owner and done a genuine 600 miles £3,000.

got no other details yet but these are both in the same town not far from each other both at dealers. how far do you reckon i can get them down to? is playing them off each other a good idea?

p.s. i'm quite shy and am worried i'm gonna get taken for a ride - please give me some tips!! oh and i need to be restricted and lowered too
Old 05-07-05, 08:25 PM   #2
CoolGirl

I'd always play dealers off against each other - it worked for me (£500 difference is good going on a brand new bike) and the worst that can happen is they tell you to sod off for taking the pi$$, but they'll still try for the sale. I've seen people get done over by dealers when they haven't done their homework before going all glassy-eyed in the shop, so you're doing the right thing.

you might try starting with getting as much info as you can and writing down the pros for each bike, eg mileage, age, tyre condition, does it come with warranty etc. then looking at whether the prioce reflects what you're getting before starting the haggling ("x up the road is offering a 6 month warranty for less money, will service it beforehand....etc")

Oh, and don't worry about being a newbie girl. Fluttering your eyelashes and then stamping your foot does work - to the tune of £200 in my case

Finally, before you put your hand in your purse, take someone with you that knows about bikes. I'm sure there's plenty on here that would be more than happy to oblige.

HTH
Old 05-07-05, 10:33 PM   #3
Skullmonk3y

Last edited by Skullmonk3y; 24-12-11 at 01:12 AM.
Old 05-07-05, 10:51 PM   #4
OF.uk

I keep telling you, buy mine and save hundreds , I'll even deliver it!