SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 05-12-05, 09:40 PM   #1
JonnyBoy

Default interchangeable parts for SV and... ?

Hi,

I'm recovering my bike (99 SVx) from a crash I had and right now I'm on a quest for parts. Do you know what other bikes share the SV front end?

I'm after wheel rim, forks (or just the inner tubes) and radiator.
For example, Will the Bandit 600 rim fit?

Thanks
Udi
Old 05-12-05, 10:05 PM   #2
TSM
The Sick Man
Mega Poster

have you looked at just getting the front converted up to a GSXR USD forks?

I think you could use a pair of forks from a K3+ but you would need a K3+ wheel & disks and front hugger and spindle. Dont quote me on that though. Anybody know if this is possible??

Radiator, nearly any radiator can be made to fit & work. AFAIK all curvey radiators will work on each other, only diffrence is the faired & unfaired. Cant see why the K3+ radiators will not work, may need a bit of modding on the pipe work plus if you have the faired version you may have other problems.
GONE: SV650S K2 Very Bruised & Without Fairing, Motovation Frame Sliders, R&G Ally Sprocket Toe Protector, HEL 2 Line Setup, GSXR K1 600 RWU Forks, Barnett Clutch & Springs, Penske 8981 Shock, Gilles Ti Rearsets, Steel Barends, Scottoiler, AFAM Chain & Sprockets, Twin FIAMM Horns, Skidmarx Bellypan, Full Micron Zeta Steel System, Cut down undertay.

Forum Problems & Information / Site Suggestions
TSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-05, 10:25 PM   #3
haggis

The K series bandit6 front end is nicked straight off the curvy SV!
If you can get one complete it's a decent option as they might be nearly new whereas a curvy front end is at least 3 yrs old now.
Earlier bandits were a 110 front tyre, so avoid.

K series forks, wheel, spindle, calipers and bottom yoke are shared, top yokes are not the same AFAIK. Muddy is a wee bit different styled but you'd hardly notice. However the bandit is some 40kgs heavier so the springs are not the same, you'd hope!

As TSM says the rad option depends on whether your fussed about the style. I assume by SVx you mean naked, so it matters less than on a faired. The pointy rad is a bit different though and their brackets are bound to be re-designed.
Old 05-12-05, 11:25 PM   #4
northwind
Mega Poster

I've got a set of forks in the garage... Check out For Sale.
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-05, 11:52 PM   #5
JonnyBoy

Yep, it's the naked one.

Now just to make sure I got it right, I can fit a 2000 Bandit 600 or (later model) wheel rim? I was scanning the web for the SV parts but what I've found was way to pricey

northwind, sent you a PM...
Old 08-12-05, 05:18 PM   #6
JonnyBoy

I've found the fork inner tubes from a "sv650 k4 2005".
Mine is 99 and a suzuki dealer advised me that it's a diffrent part number for the 05.

How can I check if it will fit?
I mean, how can I get the spec for those tubes?
Old 08-12-05, 05:33 PM   #7
Brucey

The fork legs are larger dia. from K3 on so unless you replace the legs and yokes they are not going to fit.
Old 08-12-05, 08:09 PM   #8
haggis

How knacked are the fork legs? You could maybe get them straightened.
I'm considering this option, as I have a set that are only slightly off straight and no pitting or chrome gone so seems a shame to bin 'em. I've not got a quote for this but heard £30 a leg is about the norm.

Especially as '02 sets of forks go on eby for the price of two new stanchions. Then there's oil and seals......