SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 07-11-06, 06:48 PM   #11
Viney
Mega Poster

Also make them so you can buy parts to replace etc, also make them for under £100 and i'll buy a pair
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-06, 06:49 PM   #12
Itching 2 go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viney
make them for under £100 and i'll buy a pair
anyone see those cob webs?
Old 07-11-06, 09:38 PM   #13
scobysv

good job they look cool ......but......the footpegs should taper towards the outer edge, cos if the bike falls , off the stand or down the track, it will break at the weak point, so the foot peg should be the weak point. I also think the gear/brake shifter are a bit weak looking......

pity they certainly look the part..............you should deffinatly make them for youre bike

maybe I`m looking at it from the view of falling a couple of times a season, rather than a street bike

I use SES rearsets, brilliant for the track.....down four times this year and just replaced pegs and the toe piece for the gear shifter......they dont look bad either

just my 2p
Old 08-11-06, 10:41 PM   #14
r4ce_e3nd

curvy enough?
Old 09-11-06, 11:10 AM   #15
northwind
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by scobysv
good job they look cool ......but......the footpegs should taper towards the outer edge, cos if the bike falls , off the stand or down the track, it will break at the weak point, so the foot peg should be the weak point. I also think the gear/brake shifter are a bit weak looking......
Well, I agree you'd rather have the foodpeg be the weak spot than the bracket, but you don't want it too weak, since solid peg rearsets can be good crash protection.
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-06, 09:31 PM   #16
scobysv

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwind
Quote:
Well, I agree you'd rather have the foodpeg be the weak spot than the bracket, but you don't want it too weak, since solid peg rearsets can be good crash protection.
Ya...but I`d rather pay the £15 for the peg than £150 for the rearset, on the ses it breaks leaving about 2". One snapped on me while touching down going round the corner, when I went in a bit too hot and need more lean,so they are a little too weak I suppose.
Old 10-11-06, 09:59 AM   #17
northwind
Mega Poster

Quote:
Ya...but I`d rather pay the £15 for the peg than £150 for the rearset, on the ses it breaks leaving about 2". One snapped on me while touching down going round the corner, when I went in a bit too hot and need more lean,so they are a little too weak I suppose.
Yep, I'd say so Bet that was fun.

Replacement back plates are usually a fraction of that, Woodcraft ones for instance cost $68 for the back plate alone, or $23 a peg. The real danger is that a really strong rearset could break the frame lugs...
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote