SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Pennine Massive For those readers based up north.

Old 13-01-10, 10:57 PM   #1
rob13

Default Pennine Massive where are you all?

This place is too quiet! To think that once upon a time not so long ago, it was a hive of activity but now no-one seems to be here?! I've sort of waned in interest these last few months. Usually winter means reading through the mags religiously, dreaming on Ebay of buying 2nd bikes and watching Youtube vids of summer activity but this year I've done none of it.

Thats not to say I'm not looking forward to better weather and getting back out on the bike but I guess with a lack of riding company, it does dull the enthusiasm slightly..

Anyway, my aim this year is to get out on the bike for the purposes of taking photographs. As those who have ridden with me previously know, I'm no Rossi and therefore I'm no speed god, although I do like to keep the motor spinning.

I wont be doing any touring on the bike this year, but hope to get out for many day trips be it into the Pennines, the NYM or the Lakes. I might even get into the Lowlands of Scotland if the mood and the company takes me.

So if you're struggling for a bit of 2 wheeled enthusiasm during these dark winter days, then join me in this thread to get the passion back.
Old 13-01-10, 11:19 PM   #2
davepreston

Default Re: Pennine Massive where are you all?

well first i agree rob it has become a bit stagnent of late
anyway next week im of to pick up my new (to me) gsxr 750 woohooo
then paintball and drinks with the massive after that its plan o man and poss rally in the chally, a chance of a nip down to london to see the soho hoes also maybe up to see the spieres, after that the world is my oyster wouldnt mind a wee euro trip but we will see
Old 13-01-10, 11:27 PM   #3
Richie
fantabulas
Mega Poster

Shush, were sleeping.
Old 14-01-10, 12:12 AM   #4
davepreston

well wake up grandad you darent waste too much time doing that
Old 14-01-10, 09:19 AM   #5
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

I'm here, does that count?

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-10, 01:01 PM   #6
missyburd

It has been dead in here, everyone's snowed in
Old 14-01-10, 01:03 PM   #7
simesb

Today was my first time out for ages, and that was just a trip to the shops. Highly amusing trying to get out of my road.

Wanna get out more once the weather picks up a little...
Old 14-01-10, 04:25 PM   #8
starks

been a bit busy recently, and with the bike shacked up for winter and with all this crap weather iv sort of forgot about my bike a bit, not been out or done any work on it, its quite depressing really

by the way hello everyone, long time no see, hope everyone is ok

dave preston, i havent forgot about your carpet pal, iv just been ridiculously busy, i will get round to it my friend!
Old 14-01-10, 05:32 PM   #9
Ploppy

Yeah it does seem very quiet in here ive been absent for a while due to not having a bike and now ive got a new beautiful machine all i want to do is talk and be around bikes lol. All though this weather is starting to get very tiresome (lack of biking weather is always poo) that and 12 hour shifts at work and now im back at college it doesn't leave much time to myself .....

Last edited by Ploppy; 14-01-10 at 05:34 PM.
Old 14-01-10, 07:24 PM   #10
rob13

Good, Ploppy looks like you've grown old early like me by buying the Sprint. Nice looking bikes though.

Its always just after Christmas when I start getting a little excited about the year ahead on 2 wheels.
This year, we'll be off to the BSB again, but likely only make the 2 rounds at Cadwell and the one at Croft. The round at Oulton clashes with my Stag do!

I'd love to do a trackday but the nearby Croft is probably too fast for the Versys, whilst the likes of Cadwell scares me! I'd also love to try out off-roading and get on one of those off-road schools. Will have to see what I can arrange towards the end of the summer on that one due to Wedding/Honeymoon!

Regardless of all that, still plan to make it a busy year on the bike and I know there are those folks who enjoy midweek rides so I'll be making requests for those.