SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

2007 Annual Rideout Discussions & info on the 2007 SV650.org's bigger & better annual rideout.

Old 18-06-07, 01:25 PM   #1
plowsie

Default Question for the rideout

I have a pillion coming with me to the rideout, i am happy to bring him with me but i was wondering would anyone who is going like to take him on as pillion on the saturday so that i can be happy and confident during the rideout. Of course we will fork for petrol aswell. Just would be new experience for him. To me out of the 5 people i have had on the back he was the best, goes with it and all that. Main reason is that i'm already on 33 bhp so i will be very very slooooooowwwww with him on the back lol. I dont mind the rideup because i dont have to keep up with anyone then.
Old 18-06-07, 01:49 PM   #2
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Default Re: Question for the rideout

If last years ride was anything to go buy you wont have any problem with a restricted bike 2 up.

Yes, theres always the ones who wanna try and head to the front and overtake everything in their way but they are soon told about themselves.

It'll probably be a really good chance for you to do a group ride with a pillion. I cant volunteer as i'm a marker and need the freedom to get on and off the bike quickly.
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-07, 06:23 PM   #3
Sid Squid
No, I don't lend tools.
Mega Poster

Read my post in this thread:

http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.p...81#post1215781

I'm referring particularly to the bit about speed. By which I mean there won't be much need for it.
If an SV650 has a flat tyre in the forest and no-one is there to blow it up, how long will it be 'til someone posts that the reg/rec is duff and the world will end unless a CBR unit is fitted? A little bit of knowledge = a dangerous thing.

"a deathless anthem of nuclear-strength romantic angst"
Sid Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-07, 07:08 PM   #4
carlos

Sorry plowsie no can do. My daughter was all moody earlier because she saw me sorting through my camping stuff but I told her she wasn't able to go camping with Dad with time - cue 6yr old hissy fit.

Anyway, moral of the story is get a single seat bike then you'll never have anyone ruining your fun by blagging a pillion ride
Old 25-06-07, 01:53 PM   #5
plowsie

S'all good, looks like my pillion won't be coming now, because he wont have money