SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 19-12-12, 09:10 PM   #11
The Idle Biker

Default Re: long term unemployed to get vouchers.

Are we talking about getting teachers back to full time work?
Old 19-12-12, 09:10 PM   #12
leebex

from reading a few articles its only really aimed at the ones who really dont want to help themselves.

It would cost millions to set up, the idea in principle is good, but doubt its workable.
Old 19-12-12, 09:13 PM   #13
Bibio
Mega Poster

if our gov would stop fighting other peoples battles then there would not be a problem. the unemployed figures are a drop in the ocean compared to what is spent on 'peace making' on foreign soil.

i have said it before and will say it again. for what is spent out in unemployed monies the gov get most of it back threw tax/vat. for every bullet fired the gov get nothing back but others get dead bodies.

so stop fecking moaning about the unemployed costing us money when the real problem is the stupid amounts spent on fighting wars that we need not be part of. that is where your hard earned is going.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-12, 09:14 PM   #14
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

I saw it on the Beeb last night, I believe on our local news.
The MP who was putting it forward, just appeared to be pandering to the 'vote me' agenda, and one with a chip on his shoulder about the unemployed.

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-12, 09:17 PM   #15
widepants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
if our gov would stop fighting other peoples battles then there would not be a problem. the unemployed figures are a drop in the ocean compared to what is spent on 'peace making' on foreign soil.

i have said it before and will say it again. for what is spent out in unemployed monies the gov get most of it back threw tax/vat. for every bullet fired the gov get nothing back but others get dead bodies.

so stop fecking moaning about the unemployed costing us money when the real problem is the stupid amounts spent on fighting wars that we need not be part of. that is where your hard earned is going.
dont forget all the massive amounts spunked on other countries ,all in the name of Aid.....
widepants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-12, 09:17 PM   #16
Jackie_Black

Quote:

Very true, but we can't moan about the soldiers spending all of our tax on buckfast. In the grand scheme of things the mass unemployed cost us nowt, but it doesn't mean we should let the generations of workshy losers get away with it and i'd happily pay more tax to pursue them and make them do something (obviously i'm not talking about anyone and I do mean anyone with a genuine reason for needing welfare, that is what it is for and they deserve it).
Old 19-12-12, 09:22 PM   #17
Bibio
Mega Poster

what happens when you make someone do something they don't want to do?
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-12, 09:24 PM   #18
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

I knew it was local news. A little bit of reading for those who haven't read/heard about the bill put to parliament
http://www.24dash.com/news/housing/2...iversal-Credit

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/alex-ma...mp-in-britain/

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-12, 09:25 PM   #19
Jackie_Black

they moan about it? just like most of us probably do about work on a daily basis?

By the way before this turns into a mega argument I'm not that arsed, I suppose I just find it disappointing that some people are just bone idle.
Old 19-12-12, 09:26 PM   #20
Spank86

Quote:
what happens when you make someone do something they don't want to do?
Ask your boss, I'm sure he'll tell you they do it or they don't get paid.