SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 09-06-05, 03:00 PM   #1
Saint Matt

Default Restrictor kit

Hi, ive got my insurance sorted now, and im wondering what the restrictor kits consist of? one of my friends said that there is an ecu which is simpler to fit. What kind of price am i looking at? Cheers, Matt
Old 09-06-05, 03:10 PM   #2
irl_dar

on curvy sv's its washers that go in the carbs somewere and on the fuel injected models i would think it was the ECU or CDI
Cheers
Dar
Old 09-06-05, 03:21 PM   #3
Jp

Yep, gonna cost you about 150 quid to get the documents though.

Have you got carbed or fuel injected model, cuz as irl_dar said, on carbed models its a washer which restricts air intake to the engine, on the fuel injected ones its just a swap and change of the ECU.

As a matter of interest how much was your insurance?
Old 09-06-05, 03:27 PM   #4
Last Action Pimp

ecu is £60
Old 09-06-05, 03:36 PM   #5
Saint Matt

Ahh right, pretty expensive then! My insurance was £450 tpft. Better start looking for some second hand ones.....
Old 09-06-05, 03:42 PM   #6
suzsv650

itl prob be around £200 so best find a dealer with a SV and get them to chuck it in
Old 09-06-05, 03:47 PM   #7
Jp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Matt
Ahh right, pretty expensive then! My insurance was £450 tpft. Better start looking for some second hand ones.....
No chance of a 2nd hand document, you have to get one for your bike, costing about 150 quid, harsh i know but you gotta do it
Old 09-06-05, 04:37 PM   #8
robski

I got a restrictor kit (washers in the carb) when i bought my SV650 and the dealer threw it in for 100.

Rob.
Old 09-06-05, 05:24 PM   #9
adamfool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Matt
No chance of a 2nd hand document, you have to get one for your bike, costing about 150 quid, harsh i know but you gotta do it
exactly, the registration of a restrictor kit can't be transfered so it wouldnt be in your name. gotta get it from a dealer mate
Old 10-06-05, 07:44 AM   #10
Stormspiel

Depends on model I.e curvy / pointy. Curvies have 2 options, Washers in the slides as an aftermarket, official suzuki restricted slides. The second option is better if you can get your hands on them, they're cheaper and you'll see more mpg. I paid £150 fitted at my dealer for them when i got the bike.
The pointy's just need the ECU swapping for a restricted/retarded one. Get yourself to a dealer and get the officials if you can though.