SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 01-08-13, 10:14 PM   #1
savage86

Default Unwanted Stowaway.

So was riding to work today about 20miles into my ride. Felt a tickle on my forehead. Shook my head and down falls a bee lands on my check pad then takes it upon himself to walk up my face onto my eye.

After some hyperventilation/swearing/emergency stop. Visor up shaking my head like mad, mr bee feel out.

Then whilst settling my nerves, felt a hand on my shoulder needless to say I shat myself spin round to see my tax monies at work. A police car had pulled in behind me. He was wondering what was wrong, was concerned i was having a fit.

Told him it was just a bee. He had a chuckle and rightly said I was lucky enough not to have binned her.

Moral of story I shall now check my helmet/boots/gloves......
Only me goes in my gear!
Old 01-08-13, 10:22 PM   #2
Mauler

Default Re: Unwanted Stowaway.

Gadammit, lucky it wasn't a wasp! Mean gits...

Mauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-13, 10:57 PM   #3
Bibio
Mega Poster

you must have animal attraction
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-13, 11:16 AM   #4
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

Yeah I've had the panic as a p*ssed off wasp appeared walking across the chin bar... I turned my head to the side and opened visor to try blow it out... next thing felt a buzzing near my earhole.

Next thing full emergency stop... hard shoulder... pull lid off.

Traffic car cruises past in lane 1 with both of them p*ssing themselves laughing... yeah cheers lads.
Old 02-08-13, 02:00 PM   #5
ChrisCurvyS

Good ones. It also stings like a beach when you get a fly stuck in your eye after riding with your lid up - they sort of dissolve in the fluids....
ChrisCurvyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-13, 02:26 PM   #6
Gremlin

Had a bee sting me on the neck on a dual carriageway. Thought I'd pulled a hair out on my jacket collar, gave it a rub and got a lot more pain! When I pulled over my mate said all that was left was the sting still twitching.
Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-13, 05:29 PM   #7
Jackie_Black

First ride i ever had on my new SV after i passed my test a bee hit my chest and ended up flicking up into me lid where i watched it a bit dazed on the chin bar. That certainly showed me all the emergency stop training was worthwhile i can tell you!!
Old 02-08-13, 11:33 PM   #8
dirtydog
Knob faced knobster
Mega Poster

I had a similar one a few years ago. nice warm day, riding through town with my visor up and something whacks me in the eye. So I decided its probably best to put my visor down. Next thing I know there's a bee walking across the inside of my visor, I stopped bloody quickly flicking my visor up and shaking my head like a maniac
Old 03-08-13, 12:02 AM   #9
Matt-EUC
Mega Poster

Default Unwanted Stowaway.

I've found, if its on your visor, flick visor up and pin the throttle. Works 90% of the time. Assuming you only spend 10% behind a car.

White 650 V-Strom
-No mods
Blue curvy 650 (OMFG I FIXED IT!!!)
-200mm Delkevic Stubby.
Matt-EUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-13, 07:23 AM   #10
Specialone

I went green laning last week and I had my Oakley O frame mx goggles on, somehow a bloody blue bottle had got inside the goggles even though it has a thick foam seal all the way round, I was on dirt at the time so couldn't stop straight away, bloody thing was driving me nuts, glad it wasn't a wasp though.

I had a bee hit me at 40-50mph, I was riding with visor up and it bounced off my cheek, bloody smarted a bit.