SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 23-12-09, 07:33 PM   #1
shifter

Default Death by Careless Driving

Sorry if this is a Hitler post, but i'm interedted to see what you think of this:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/m...er/8428524.stm
Old 23-12-09, 07:43 PM   #2
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Default Re: Death by Dangerous Driving

i think the article could do with a few more facts before i can make any kind of judgment about how i feel about it.

Was she at fault fully? Had she had a drink but was still under the drink drive limit? Was she possibly using a phone? Or was it just one of life accidents and she has put her hands up to it right away and faced the music?
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-09, 07:55 PM   #3
Milky Bar Kid

Major flaw in this thread, she has been convicted of death by CARELESS driving and not death by DANGEROUS driving. There is a difference.
Old 23-12-09, 08:01 PM   #4
shifter

Yep, should have read careless, I thought that these days if someone has died the driver of the vehicle gets banged up regardless of whether it was their fault or not.
Old 23-12-09, 08:04 PM   #5
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Want me to change your thread title to careless for you? Just say so and in the immortal words of he-man "I HAVE THE POWWW-ERRRRRR!
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Old 23-12-09, 08:11 PM   #6
Milky Bar Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifter View Post
Yep, should have read careless, I thought that these days if someone has died the driver of the vehicle gets banged up regardless of whether it was their fault or not.
Erm..no.

How on earth could they possibly lock a driver up just because someone has died even if it wasn't their fault?

There needs to be evidence that either their driving was dangerous or careless. Death by Dangerous driving pretty much tends to be an automatic jail sentence however, careless driving can vary.

I do tend to believe that the careless can happen to any of us. For example, pedestrian in dark clothing, crossing the road in a badly lit area. You are at or below the speed limit of 30 and you don't see them until it is too late, hit them and they die. Becomes death by careless driving. It could happen so easily.

I personally have no sympathy for anyone who has been convicted of death by dangerous driving. That is someone who has deliberately driven like a numpty and out with their limits, resulting the death of an innocent member of the public. You takes your chances with that one I am afraid!

Last edited by Milky Bar Kid; 23-12-09 at 08:14 PM. Reason: got my theirs n theres wrong
Old 23-12-09, 08:13 PM   #7
shifter

Yes please! Should get done for perverting the course of a forum, under this government I could be looking at 8 to 10 years.
Old 23-12-09, 08:16 PM   #8
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Default Re: Death by Careless Driving

Its is done And if you like i can give you an infraction and some points to take away with you, just so you feel the nanny state is invading every last corner of your life
Old 23-12-09, 08:17 PM   #9
MrTom

This happened about a mile or so from where I live, this is the local news story http://www.wilmslowexpress.co.uk/new...er_fatal_crash