SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 05-09-06, 08:19 AM   #1
Kinvig

Default Another Attempted bike theft - Central London

One of my colleagues came back to his bike yesterday to find that some muppet had attempted to drill his padlock out.

This comes 10 days after one of my other colleagues phoned hte police when she saw an attempted bike theft in the same place:

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/streetmap...181832&A=Y&Z=1

Kirby Street, EC1N

Worried for my little bike now!
Old 05-09-06, 08:56 AM   #2
PsychoCannon

Jeeze, glad they failed, not nice to have to keep worrying about this.

Had a random thought, a lot of these scum keep doing it because they know that if they do get caught they will probably just get a slap on the wrist and told not to do it again.

I saw on the news a few days ago that they are finally getting round to re-opening some of the old coal mines (I'll have to read up more on this).

Why dont we take all the scum that get caught stealing, attempting, or vandalising, down the mines, with tags and chains, and make them work minimum wage getting the mines up and working again with the money going to compensate the vicitims

Not sure what I'd take moree satisfaction in, getting my money back or knowing that the scum in question is going to be busting their arses off getting black lung to pay for it.
Old 05-09-06, 11:55 AM   #3
pete m

There are plenty of coals mines inoperation now - in Yorkshire - i go track daying with a miner and his mate - ex miner , now lorry driver....dont think they would have theiving scum, down the mines...think again
Old 06-09-06, 12:53 PM   #4
inevitable

How about just taking them on a one-way trip to an abandoned mine with a selection of blunt tools, a couple of blow-torches etc?