SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-08, 09:20 AM   #1
Blue_SV650S

Default Doh, eBay/paypal voucher ..

@rse ...

Every time I log into eBay the past few days, it gives me a pop-up message saying 'you have a voucher use it before 4th June' ... thing is I used it last week. However, it kept coming up again yesterday and today ... so I thought ... hey, I'll buy summin I would like (kart tyre bag) anyway and try using the code and see if it works ... not much to lose as the bag is handy anyway.

The tyre bag was ?6.50 ... the voucher is for a tenner, so I went in and redeemed the code and sure enough it showed the ?10 (well the full £6.50) off ... relaising it worked, I cancelled using it on that item as I'd miss out on the extra ?3.50 teh voucher is good for!! ... So I then bought (BIN) something that totalled ?10.75 that I didn't really NEED (spare kart spark plugs), but thought, hey, why not get max out of the voucher? The plugs will come in handy sometime in the future, and were essentially free ... so redeemed the voucher again, sure enough it showed it being discounted ... SWEEEEEET

However, when you continue with the transaction past that point, you then have to enter your paypal password to complete transaction ... which I did ... it goes to another screen that asks for the redemption code again ... this time it failed!!!

Basically as I had hit a BIN for both items to get to that stage, I HAD to complete the transaction and pay full price for both ... so I prolly wouldn't have bought either item really (especially the plugs).

So I am ?17.25 down this am ... through trying to be greedy!!

Last edited by Blue_SV650S; 02-06-08 at 09:32 AM.

Old 02-06-08, 09:22 AM   #2
timwilky
Mega Poster

Default Re: Doh, eBay/paypal voucher ..

I got 2 vouchers, one for £10 I spent last week and another for £15 which I spent on new front pads yesterday. I must pay more attention to the bumph I get from ebay when they keep encouraging me to spend
Old 02-06-08, 09:22 AM   #3
G
Mega Poster

Legendary, sue Ebay for false marketing lol
Old 02-06-08, 09:45 AM   #4
Blue_SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by G View Post
Legendary, sue Ebay for false marketing lol
Well, its a funny one ... I am not sure where I stand (bearing in mind I knew full well I had used it a few days beforehand and was trying to get a cheeky one in).

As I said the bit that really grates me is that I 'tested' the water first and it all seemed ok ... all I can say is bow-locks!!

Old 02-06-08, 09:57 AM   #5
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

Due to a sense of humour failure, toys being thrown out of prams, dummies being spat out, and a general lack of "can give but cant take" I hereby edit this post.

So you tried to steal from Ebay and are now a bit annoyed that they wouldn't let you and you are out of pocket?

Why are you posting about your attempt at fraud on a public forum again????

Oh thats right, its cos your an Attention Wh0re :P

Thieving Doley-Scum :P

Hehe

Good attempt tho

█╬╬╬╬()i¯i▀▀▀▀▀█Ξ███████████████████████████████)

Last edited by SoulKiss; 02-06-08 at 10:50 AM.
Old 02-06-08, 10:13 AM   #6
Blue_SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulKiss View Post
stuff
What do you mean AGAIN?!!? and how is using a voucher stealing?

Lets face it, to be fair, I wasn't sure if it was a new voucher, if it kept popping up how could I have known? I wasn't going to just throw away a potential £10 voucher was i!!

But as I said, I knew I had spent a voucher just like it last week, so dubious, that said, that was the 3rd one I have had in the past couple of months! ... so its not like they are not giving them out to me regularly!

But yes, I also realised there was a high probability it was just a stupid add that hadn't cancelled out/picked up that I had spent it ...

I tried it anyway and got bitten even after testing the water to see if it seemed OK ... I am piddled off that eBay have mislead me by the pop-up notice/add!

The rest of it I think you either need to add some serious amount of smiles to it or wind your neck in as you are bordering on offensive!! .. no not bordering on, it IS offensive!! So take that carp out or I'll report the post!

Last edited by Blue_SV650S; 02-06-08 at 10:17 AM.

Old 02-06-08, 10:21 AM   #7
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_SV650S View Post
What do you mean AGAIN?!!? and how is using a voucher stealing?

Lets face it, to be fair, I wasn't sure if it was a new voucher, if it kept popping up how could I have known? I wasn't going to just throw away a potential £10 voucher was i!!

But as I said, I knew I had spent a voucher just like it last week, so dubious, that said, that was the 3rd one I have had in the past couple of months! ... so its not like they are not giving them out to me regularly!

But yes, I also realised there was a high probability it was just a stupid add that hadn't cancelled out/picked up that I had spent it ...

I tried it anyway and got bitten even after testing the water to see if it seemed OK ... I am piddled off that eBay have mislead me by the pop-up notice/add!

The rest of it I think you either need to add some serious amount of smiles to it or wind your neck in as you are bordering on offensive!! .. no not bordering on, it IS offensive!! So take that carp out or I'll report the post!
If you read the :P's as (lower case on the 'P's) you will see it was festooned with smilies.

No offence meant (must preview for smiley content in future), so sorry about that.

Old 02-06-08, 10:28 AM   #8
Blue_SV650S

Quote:
If you read the :P's as (lower case on the 'P's) you will see it was festooned with smilies.

No offence meant (must preview for smiley content in future), so sorry about that.

I did notice that, but I still think it is offensive for no good reason, especially as it is so wildly inaccurate! Please take it out. That is serious deformation of character!!

Old 02-06-08, 10:34 AM   #9
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_SV650S View Post
I did notice that, but I still think it is offensive for no good reason, especially as it is so wildly inaccurate! Please take it out. That is serious deformation of character!!
No more offensive than some of the stuff you yourself have posted.

It was never meant to be offensive - final comment should show that.

Old 02-06-08, 10:38 AM   #10
Blue_SV650S

Quote:
No more offensive than some of the stuff you yourself have posted.

It was never meant to be offensive - final comment should show that.
Please take it out.

Closed Thread