SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 01-03-17, 08:18 AM   #4251
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Here is the travel ban that the liberal Oscar attending Luvvies in USA are not talking about.

Why are these luvvies not protesting in Tripoli and Aden etc. because they would be probably be killed as soon as they got out of the airport, in most Islamic countries women are not allowed to do heaps of things that women in the west take for granted, like driving, traveling on their own, having their own bank account, in other words they don't really have any kind of freedom from the rule of men. Meryl Streep and company should spend time in these countries helping their poor downtrodden sisters instead of taking cheap shots at Trump all the time from behind their La La land silk lined, air conditioned barricade.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/...-a7600706.html

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-17, 09:20 AM   #4252
Trev B

+1
Old 01-03-17, 08:27 PM   #4253
21QUEST
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV650rules View Post
Here is the travel ban that the liberal Oscar attending Luvvies in USA are not talking about.

Why are these luvvies not protesting in Tripoli and Aden etc. because they would be probably be killed as soon as they got out of the airport, in most Islamic countries women are not allowed to do heaps of things that women in the west take for granted, like driving, traveling on their own, having their own bank account, in other words they don't really have any kind of freedom from the rule of men. Meryl Streep and company should spend time in these countries helping their poor downtrodden sisters instead of taking cheap shots at Trump all the time from behind their La La land silk lined, air conditioned barricade.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/...-a7600706.html
Two wrongs obviously make a right in your space.

Did you even read the contents of the link you posted or where you in too much of a rush to endear folks with your seemingly sexist utterings?

You do of course have my apologies if you've caught the wrong end of the stick.

Couple of extracts for you.

The ban has prompted resentment and criticism online. Libyan human rights activists called the ban a gross violation of fundamental rights, in direct contravention of Libya’s interim constitutional declaration, and made without authorisation, mandate or jurisdiction.

After days of women protesting in the streets of Benghazi, the governor issued another decree cancelling the previous announcement, only to enforce a wider ban on all women and men between the age of 18 to 45.
Blue, mate, having read a lot of your stuff I'd say 'in your head' is unknown territory for most of us
21QUEST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-17, 11:22 PM   #4254
BanannaMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV650rules View Post
Meryl Streep and company should spend time in these countries helping their poor downtrodden sisters instead of taking cheap shots at Trump all the time from behind their La La land silk lined, air conditioned barricade.

Being an American who lives in the US, I have to say, no I do not give
a rats a$$ what celebrities think of Trump.
But I do value their opinion than yours.
Who cares what you think of Trump? You don't live here.
They do and so they have a right to an opinion and a right to protest.
Your opinion of a US President is meaningless BS.

FYI Every American President has taken lots of criticism in the press.
Trump is just the first one to be a crybaby about it because he's too prideful and ignorant to rise above it.

So bugger off.
All you know is what you've heard in the press.
If Trump can't take the heat, he should not have taken the job.

"The Mountains are calling and I must go"

Last edited by BanannaMan; 01-03-17 at 11:31 PM.
BanannaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-17, 07:47 AM   #4255
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Well said Bill.

I hope you're back from hospital and feeling better again, by the way.

Last edited by garynortheast; 02-03-17 at 07:49 AM.
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-17, 09:30 AM   #4256
SV650rules
Mega Poster

@BanannaMan - Just wish we had someone in UK during last 40 years like Trump who would have had the guts to protect us from worst excesses of EU, instead we had Tony B lair who was hell bent on loss of our national sovereignty and closer integration, even wanted to take us into Eurozone !!! - what an idiot - and the Yanks seemed to like him, not as if we gave a stuff what the Yanks thought of him because we thought he was a sleazy S.O.a.B. with his team of spin-doctors paid for by taxpayers.

The whole world takes an interest because they are affected by what Trump does because USA is still leader of the free world, but the democrats seem pretty un-selective in what they choose to criticise when they indulge in their 'manufactured indignation' (ie they criticise everything, no wonder Trump may be a bit paranoid). A lot of press here in UK thought that being so reliant celebrity endorsements probably cost Hillary the Presidency as it turned a lot of people off, and generally I think people in rest of the world may well be better informed about USA politics than the people of USA are about the rest of the world (they sometimes seem to be vaguely aware of the existence of other countries), which may account for some of the strange foreign policy decisions USA makes.

And BTW Bill, if you believe in free speech it is pretty rude to tell people to bugger off because their personal opinion does not exactly coincide with yours - I don't know what bugger means in USA, but I know what it means here in the home of the English language.

@21Quest how on earth can you think I am sexist when I complain about lack of womens rights in Muslim countries ? It is one thing for locals to demonstrate in Libya, but not much noise from Democrats in USA - in contrast to the cacophony they made against Trumps EO. We get lots of people marching in UK about various things in foreign countries and our police have to put up with their behaviour, and the taxpayer foots the bill for security. I would have more respect if these people went to demonstrate in the countries they want to influence rather than from the safety of London, where their antics have absolutely zero affect on the countries they are criticising.

It also says in the article that Libya is home to many Islamic terrorist groups, which is why Trump tried to make sure people from there are thoroughly vetted before being allowed into USA, and the list of 7 countries that republicans used was actually put together by Obama administration, but Obama did not implement the ban, why ? only he can answer that, maybe he did not have the best interests and security of America in his agenda.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Last edited by SV650rules; 02-03-17 at 11:37 AM.
Old 02-03-17, 10:33 AM   #4257
DarrenSV650S
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanannaMan View Post
All you know is what you've heard in the press.

Where do you get your info from?
DarrenSV650S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-17, 10:44 AM   #4258
Trev B

If Mr Trump wore a Marines uniform,with a big row of medals and ribbons and fought in Iraq and Other places to defend the USA he would be a hero,but because we is a multi billionaire and wears a suit,wants to make America great and defend the USA he's ridiculed ??????????????
Old 02-03-17, 11:03 AM   #4259
timwilky
Mega Poster

My gripe today is the secondary school allocation process. My granddaughter has not been offered a place at any of her choices. Instead they want her to go to a catholic school 11 miles by bus (2 changes and 1.5 mile walk) She isn't even catholic. The school policy requires a baptised christian as a last resort for any available spaces. She fails there as well.

The joke is there are 4 secondary schools 5 miles away at the town where she would need to change bus. But no space for her.
Old 02-03-17, 11:41 AM   #4260
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by timwilky View Post
My gripe today is the secondary school allocation process. My granddaughter has not been offered a place at any of her choices. Instead they want her to go to a catholic school 11 miles by bus (2 changes and 1.5 mile walk) She isn't even catholic. The school policy requires a baptised christian as a last resort for any available spaces. She fails there as well.

The joke is there are 4 secondary schools 5 miles away at the town where she would need to change bus. But no space for her.
School and healthcare provisions have not kept up with birthrate in our overcrowded country (largest population density in Europe). Needs a lot of investment and where is money gonna come from?

Could do what B Liar and Brown did with their PFI schemes, get private funding to build hospitals and schools and then make NHS and local authorities pay back way more than the buildings are worth in rent for the next 30 years, and then after 30 years (when the buildings need a total upgrade) hand them over to taxpayer, a nice little earner for the mates of the Labour sleazbags and financial consultants. B Liar got the credit for getting new infrastructure built, and for people who did not understand the sleight of hand financing he was their hero, leaving the bills for successive governments ( meaning UK Taxpayers) to pick up in the future. PFI repayments (rents) are a big drain on NHS and local authority finance - thanks a bunch Teflon Tony, using taxpayers money in a scandalous way to get re-elected.

Conservatives under John Major dreamed up the PFI scheme but never did much with it, then it was Labour under B Liar that took to it like ducks to water and the UK taxpayer got fleeced once again. The ongoing costs of PFI (financial hangover) are making it more difficult to find the money to build new schools and hospitals today.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...pfi-cost-300bn

Last edited by SV650rules; 02-03-17 at 04:57 PM.