SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 03-05-11, 10:47 PM   #1
Rowlandz

Default Improving comfort?

Ey up boys and girls..
Ive been looking on this forum for a while now, just nosing around and reading bits and pieces but thought it was time to get involved!

i have a 2003 650s which i have owned for about 2years now..

The guy i bought it off spent just under £2900 on 'Add ons' for the bike which is why i bought it.. Il post some pics up tomorrow or someday when i realise how to do it..

Im in need of some ideas as i am going to be training to become a motorbike instructor in around 2 months and the bike at the mo is not very confi for riding around town at 40mph for 2 hours a time (Have to start doing CBTS) (Mopeds arnt the best mean machines to be following)!!

A) If i change the bars for renthal straight bars will that make the handleing any better or worse?

B) Im thinking about loosing the front nose cone and making it more of a FZ1 look alike but not sure how easy new headlights and speedo would be to fit?

C) The front and rear sprocket was changed to a 46 tooth on the back and i have just put on a new 47 tooth one.. Should i go any bigger? (Bit of an acceleration freak)

Any ideas, Tips or hints would be appreciated.