SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 30-06-12, 03:27 PM   #61
Bibio
Mega Poster

Default Re: Improving comfort on the SV?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rictus01 View Post
may I suggest before you go spending any money, you actually find out how much rise and what reach you need, it'll save you wasting money on anything that's only partially addresses the problem.

If you don't know how, PM me and we can meet up, takes about 5 minutes to do with you in your bike kit, then you'll know exactly what you need.

Cheers Mark.
this is the best idea yet
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-12, 05:14 PM   #62
Fozzy

I did suggest that about 3 or so pages back!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
Old 30-06-12, 07:43 PM   #63
agy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rictus01 View Post
may I suggest before you go spending any money, you actually find out how much rise and what reach you need, it'll save you wasting money on anything that's only partially addresses the problem.

If you don't know how, PM me and we can meet up, takes about 5 minutes to do with you in your bike kit, then you'll know exactly what you need.

Cheers Mark.
thing is, the auction for one of those end tomorrow at 11am. and they are 40 quid if i win them at that price.
Old 30-06-12, 07:44 PM   #64
agy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
the difference is that one set fit as per oem and give a little more rise but still the same reach the ones i posted bring the bars further back so less reach but same hight and maybe slightly higher as oem. the reach makes all the difference as it makes you sit up more.

i know your scint but for the price of a comfort kit it's well worth it and as far as i'm concerned is the best way forward.
what's oem?
so the 40 quid ones will be closer for me to reach? sorry i'm asking so many questions, i am so confused now
Old 30-06-12, 07:58 PM   #65
Fozzy

they will sell for more than that i bet.

OEM = original equipment manufacturer i.e. what came with the bike originally
Old 30-06-12, 08:01 PM   #66
agy

the others are 68 buy it now which is also a good price
the comfort kit is 240 with vat. that's just silly money
Old 30-06-12, 08:08 PM   #67
Fozzy

yes but that includes longer brake cables, clutch cables and accelerator cables x 2
Old 30-06-12, 08:10 PM   #68
agy

oh you mean the full bar does? so the 68 quid clip ons will still require i buy more bits?
Old 30-06-12, 08:16 PM   #69
Fozzy

yes well not the clutch cable.

read it
http://www.topyokes.com/comfort_kit_+_handlebars/307
This kit includes the following items:

1x Billet aluminium anodised CNC top yoke

1x Renthal superbike handlebars

2x HEL front stainless steel brakelines with stainless steel banjos and banjo bolts plus a black plastic cover over each line to protect the motorcycle bodywork - Lifetime warranty

SV650S 2003-2012 also includes:
1x Throttle (gas) cables

have you read this thread i posted ?
http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=176399
Quote:
As maviczap says.

On further inspection and jacking the front of the bike up again, it showed that there is Not enough length in the standard brake lines, even with the lower yoke clamp disconnected to allow the bars to be raised to their highest position (and get the full effect from the raised bars), and at the same time allow full extension of the forks.
IMO Replacement longer brake lines are cirtainly required.
OEM brake line length (center of banjo to center of banjo) from master cylinder to right brake caliper was measered at 73cm.
Luckily HEL lines are made just a bit longer and the two line set (HBK7646) came in at 76.5cm (right) and 79cm (left).
Only issue i had withthe HEL lines was that the Banjos weren't at 90degrees rotated end to end meaning the lines needed to be spiraled down to the caliper.
With the lines fitted, bled and tested, exercising the stearing i found that on full left lock the wiring to the right switch gear was too tight. Not good if you use the ignition stearing lock all the time.

Disconnecting the right hand switch gear from the loom and then rerouting the wire bundle infront and above (instead of below and behind) the frame cross member ,and reconnecting to the loom gives more than enough free play in the wiring to avoid any possible wire stress and possible wire breakage.
Old 30-06-12, 08:17 PM   #70
maviczap
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by agy View Post
oh you mean the full bar does? so the 68 quid clip ons will still require i buy more bits?
They might do, I had to by longer brake lines, with my riser clip ons, but all the other cables were fine
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote