SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 27-09-11, 10:28 AM   #21
-Ralph-

Default Re: Report shows women cannot park their cars

Another woman trying to claim it's only 6 inches. It's at least 8 inches at the back and at least a foot at the front.
Old 27-09-11, 10:36 AM   #22
flymo
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepeahead View Post
"2 foot gap at the front and the back"

As usual a man trying to tell me that 6 inches is 2 foot.
Well if you reckon that's 6 inches then you have been spoilt! You shall now be known as 'not so Littlepeahead'
flymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-11, 11:12 AM   #23
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

Some women can drive I'm sure, it's just the other 90% of the dippy bints that give you a bad name.
Old 27-09-11, 12:14 PM   #24
Samnooshka

I drive an L200 pick-up truck... can't say i've ever had a problem driving it or parking it you should see the looks i get from the mums when i take it into the multistory parking in Guildford LOL! No parking sensors on my truck either... it is more tractor than truck!

Women in the tiny cars loaded up with kids, not watching what they are doing... and with the parking sensors **** me off... in fact most women drivers **** me off LOL. Saw an advert the other day for a Ford... whatever small car it was... push a button and it parks itself???!!! WTF do we not get taught parallel parking in driving lessons anymore???! Just another step away from conscious driving and more room for accidents where people aren't paying full attention...

... sorry, rant over
Old 27-09-11, 12:19 PM   #25
-Ralph-

Somebody posted on here that they don't teach the emergency stop anymore, don't know if its true, but not bothering with parking is only a matter of time. That's OK though, 'cos the motorbike test just keeps getting more and more difficult so we can compensate
Old 27-09-11, 04:13 PM   #26
DJFridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Ralph- View Post
Somebody posted on here that they don't teach the emergency stop anymore, don't know if its true, but not bothering with parking is only a matter of time. That's OK though, 'cos the motorbike test just keeps getting more and more difficult so we can compensate
Except that doesn't help us (unless you're planning a re-take Ralph!)
Old 27-09-11, 04:27 PM   #27
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samnooshka View Post
Saw an advert the other day for a Ford... whatever small car it was... push a button and it parks itself???!!!
My Mums (read Dad's second car) has this - I've been in the car when he's used it.

Was more that it came with the car than a wanted feature tho.

█╬╬╬╬()i¯i▀▀▀▀▀█Ξ███████████████████████████████)
SoulKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-11, 05:52 PM   #28
Specialone

In my own experience the people who **** me up while I'm riding through their dodgy driving are mostly women so I'm with ralph on this.

Even when they cut you up they haven't seen it because their spatial awareness doesn't venture past the perimeter of the car.

They just don't fecking concentrate enough, multi tasking my ar5e, 5 jobs done half assed is worth 1 done well? like feck it is.

Forget multi tasking, do ONE job well, that's all, if you're driving, make it that you're gonna well.

Btw Claire, I'm not sure I could park that land barge easily and I have to park my van regulary in dodgy spaces ( solid doors so no rear view), that's some good parking