SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

For Sale - SV's and SV related items For SV's and SV spare parts only. 650 or 1000 No other items Unsanctioned trade ads will be deleted as will spam and chat.

Old 23-08-16, 03:41 PM   #1
conairh

Default Breaking 2001 curvy - SW London - cheap/quick sales, moving house

SV650S 2001, Yellow

----ALBUM OF THE MAJOR PARTS----

I’ve got to move to a new place with no storage for my donor bike so I’m selling it all off. I'm in SW London by wimbledon, ez off the A3. The big stuff will need collecting or for you to arrange couriers (I'll star these parts). Otherwise £5 shipping, but I'm just eyeballing it. If you think it should be less, send me a link to the shipping company. I have the V5C kicking about so you know this isn't some poor sod's pride and joy (well it was mine...) After a week what's left is going on fleabay.

It might be easier to say what I don’t have.

Wheels, front fairing & indicators, handlebars, dials, radiator, brake calipers, levers, reg/rec. The rest is in various states.

*I have a whole engine (35K miles)+ gearbox with a cracked front rocker box and cylinder cover. I'm yet to clean this up but will update with photos tomorrow. I really would have liked to swap this gearbox onto my current SV because this one didn't drop 3rd and 5th at mad revs, unlike my current one... I reckon if you just swapped out the whole front cylinder and covers it would run fine. - £100

The good stuff:

• *Frame. SOLD

• Ignition relays & spark boots - £10

• (rear) carb & choke cable, idle adjustor, brackety thing - I, like a bellend cracked the front one in disassembly and bent the braket a little, but you can have both for £20 (shipping £10)

• Ignition and tank cap + key (rear yellow plastics with seat lock thrown in if collected)- £15

• Rear brake light switch - £3 (+£2 ship)

• Rear brake cylinder, hose, reservoir, 1/2 a rearset and scuffed aftermarket foldy lever (see pics)- £10

• front brake master cylinder, reservoir, hose - SOLD

• kickstand and switch - SOLD

• Braided SS front Brake lines, bit of a gamble. They look in good shape but might leak. The front took a decent knock. Test them first. - SOLD

• * Tail plastics (mudguard bit) + indicator - SOLD

• * Tank. SOLD

• Seats - £15 each - £25 pair (£10ea shipping)

• Right hand switchgear - £10

Things I'll part with for beers in person. 1 beer each

• Loom. Now my dad accidentally ravaged one of the plugs. He can't remember which one but its the one in the closeup photo. PO has also had an alarm fitted. Badly. It kept going off at insane hours so I removed it. tbh it's a pretty freakin average loom but if you like connectors it's yours.

• Front fork caps

• Brake disks inc mounts, 1 beer each. A little meat left on them Rear has the most. See when you get here.

• Fusebox and the plastic bit around it

• foggy, sun damaged windscreen

• top and bottom yoke. The spindle is no good, but the top and bottom is fine enough.

• airbox

• sprocket cover

• left hand switchgear (broken, missing hi/lo beam switch)

• That little mock carbon surround for the dials

and a hugger from my current bike that got a bit munched when a schmellend crashed a van into it while parked. Fixable with a bit of fibreglass and a drill. (free to a good home)

Now a little story about how it became a donor bike. Basically I T-boned an MX5 that pulled out from a side road in front of a filtering me at about 20MPH. The bike got wedged in the wheel well and the front forks snapped. I landed on my feet on the other side without a scratch. When the tow guys took it away they must have dropped it because the bars were bent and levers snapped. The crash bungs did their job because the frame and rear was fine.

I'm around all Bank holiday Monday...

Last edited by conairh; 16-09-16 at 10:39 AM.
Old 24-08-16, 10:21 AM   #2
russell664

Default Re: Breaking 2001 curvy - SW London - cheap/quick sales, moving house

Out of question, are the tail plastics as standard - or was a undertray fitted?

Can't seem to find one anywhere is all!
russell664 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-16, 11:27 AM   #3
conairh

An undertray? Powerbronze always have plastic bits at eyewatering prices.

If it's the standard one you can't find, then this ones the one for you. This bike was so stock it could've gone in an SV650 museum.
Old 24-08-16, 12:57 PM   #4
russell664

Yeah I know Powerbronze cost a bomb!

I'm looking for a already modified undertray. I might end up cutting one down to be honest.
russell664 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-16, 01:51 PM   #5
500tie

You don't happen to have the rubber boot that covers the clutch lever adjuster do you? Mine has a slight tear in it and i'm after a mint one.

Thanks buddy
Old 24-08-16, 06:57 PM   #6
conairh

Sorry mate, can't find it. The lever got snapped in transit or while it was at the tow yard so chances are it's still in Croydon.

If it makes you feel any better the one on my current curvy is torn as well.
Old 24-08-16, 07:02 PM   #7
500tie

No worries mate thanks for that, if yours is split too I wonder how many other people's are. It's the first bike I've ever had that has one seems a strange thing to add
Old 12-09-16, 07:28 AM   #8
tessrema

Morning chief, looking for an ignition lock (some b'stard butchered the wires previously)
So hopefully you still have one.
Many thanks
Col Maud
Old 12-09-16, 07:34 AM   #9
conairh

Yeah mate. Still got it.
Sucks to hear about them theives having a go. Do people really go after curvys!?
Post or collect? And I'll PM you with details.
Old 12-09-16, 09:47 AM   #10
tessrema

Would have to be post mate, I live in whitby , North Yorkshire.
Cheers