SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 18-07-05, 11:33 AM   #1
Anonymous

Default You are therefore summoned to appear at the date shown...!

As you'll no doubtedly remember, i got tugged about 2 weeks ago for speeding, after a chase of about 10 miles.

I received my summons to court on Saturday morning. They have only charged me with "...at a speed exceeding 60mph. Contrary to article 3 of the 70mph, 60mph, 50mph (temp speed limit) order 1977 as varied and continued....." So looks like they've not pushed for charges of failure to stop when requested to do so.

The bike is now for sale officially. I've told work and my dad, both were alright about it. My push bike has been dusted down and is booked in for a full overhaul and ive enquired about bus time tables to and from work.

Im due in court at 10am on Wednesday 3rd August 2005.

Few weeks left....

Think of the money i'll save on petrol though.....
Old 18-07-05, 11:36 AM   #2
keithd

Default Re: You are therefore summoned to appear at the date shown..

Quote:
Originally Posted by getyerkneedown
As you'll no doubtedly remember, i got tugged about 2 weeks ago for speeding, after a chase of about 10 miles.

I received my summons to court on Saturday morning. They have only charged me with "...at a speed exceeding 60mph. Contrary to article 3 of the 70mph, 60mph, 50mph (temp speed limit) order 1977 as varied and continued....." So looks like they've not pushed for charges of failure to stop when requested to do so.

The bike is now for sale officially. I've told work and my dad, both were alright about it. My push bike has been dusted down and is booked in for a full overhaul and ive enquired about bus time tables to and from work.

Few weeks left....

you might want to save that to pay for your insurance when your license is returned....

good luck on said date....
Old 18-07-05, 11:41 AM   #3
Cloggsy

Default Re: You are therefore summoned to appear at the date shown..

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithd
Quote:

Few weeks left....

you might want to save that to pay for your insurance when your license is returned....

good luck on said date....
Or even your re-test (if the bloke in the wig says you have to do one)

Good luck
Old 18-07-05, 11:44 AM   #4
diamond

Good luck fella, may your ban be short and your fine be small
Old 18-07-05, 11:51 AM   #5
Patch

What was in the evidence bundle?
Old 18-07-05, 11:54 AM   #6
jonboy

Best of luck, do stay around the forum .

Old 18-07-05, 11:56 AM   #7
Anonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patch
A witness statment saying that they picked me up on the prolaser III speed gun and thats it.
Old 18-07-05, 12:09 PM   #8
Jabba

Quote:
Quote:
A witness statment saying that they picked me up on the prolaser III speed gun and thats it.
It mentions the distance from which they "zapped" you?
Old 18-07-05, 12:23 PM   #9
Anonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba-the-Hutt
Quote:
Quote:
It mentions the distance from which they "zapped" you?
Conveniently for the officers involved it doesnt. It said loud and proud on the gun that it was 1068 feet, and they explained it to me as well. But in the statement it gives no mention to the distance.
Old 18-07-05, 12:25 PM   #10
Patch

If you have access to a scanner, I'd suggest you scan all the documents and then, making sure you remove any identifying information, post them onto Pepipoo and ask for help.

You never know there may be a technicality available to you.