SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 22-11-05, 12:30 PM   #1
aimhamilton

Default Replacement Exhaust!

As some on you know from piccies of my SV and issues with the last rider enduring a winter, the exhaust on my SV has defo seen better times.

I am planning on sorting it out and I know that I have two options. Clean using some Autosol/Metal Cleaning product and plenty of elbow grease or replace the downpipe and centre section (I am used to car terms so apologise if this is not correct) for a new one. However to be brutally honest, I would just prefer to replace it cause I am a lazy git. not really, but think the exhaust might be shot so cleaning it may just be delaying the envitable!

Is there any where I can get either the standard replacements for the above parts or even better where I could get a aftermarket stainless steel versions??? I don't particularly care for a specific brand, but something that is good, will last and will aid my existing Scorpion can sounding lovely! Not to expensive would be nice to but will consider my options.

Thanks guys/gals as ever!
Old 22-11-05, 07:09 PM   #2
aimhamilton

Anyone?
Old 22-11-05, 10:20 PM   #3
northwind
Mega Poster

I think Blueflame do a stainless system as a standalone... Most systems are pretty expensive though. And to be honest, race systems tend to disolour the same as standard, worse in some cases since they're thinner. Havee you got actual corrosion or just discolouring?

My exhaust's entirely titanium so it goes blue instead of brown
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-05, 11:23 PM   #4
Robw#70

But the systems stainless anyway.

Just take it off or leave it on and give it a scrub with autosol and a red or grey scotch pad :P

The Blue-flame system is Hindle headers and their own can/link-pipe BTW
Old 22-11-05, 11:44 PM   #5
northwind
Mega Poster

Is it? They kept quiet about that one... I asked them about 'em on their stall at a bike show, since I'd never heard that they did sstems, and they "overlooked to mention it".
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-05, 09:58 AM   #6
hall13uk

i have a titunium system & it never goes brown, does get easily scratched tho
Old 23-11-05, 10:39 AM   #7
aimhamilton

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwind
Havee you got actual corrosion or just discolouring?
I think its just discolouring. Will Autosol (and the like) restore it to its former glory?

Its getting to that time of yeah when I suppose I could take the pipes off and spend some time on them! Not much riding atm. Any recommendations?
Old 23-11-05, 10:44 AM   #8
Cloggsy

Someone on here (can't remember who,) did an awesome job on his pipes using a Black n Decker 'mouse' sander (with a metal polishing pad fitted) & some autosol Came up better than new

This is another option though

I've just had a quote from them to have Katie M done in the chrome look... £164.50 inc VAT for the whole thing (inc end-cans )

£123.38 inc VAT for the black

Not bad at all IMHO