SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 27-07-07, 09:34 AM   #1
600+

Default New Mobile Phone / PDA - need opinions

Hey all,

it's this time of the year when I get a new phone. Requirements are:

to be able to sync with Lotus Notes
receive email from things like gmail/hotmail etc - preferably through wifi
camera not an issue
bluetooth is a must
and be able to load a sat nav software on it

not much really

any suggestions?
Old 27-07-07, 10:17 AM   #2
skint

Default Re: New Mobile Phone / PDA - need opinions

Don't know about Lotus Notes.

i have a Blackberry which works with MS Outlook in real time through our dedicated BB server and is bluetooth. Has SatNav though I haven't used that bit. I have a TomTom satnav which I can Bluetooth the phone to for handsfree which I find better than wearing an ear piece (I hate those bluetooth earwig things).

Only problem is that I can only view email attachments, can't download them to work on etc but that could just be the limited software I have.

personally I don't like it - its difficult to ignore emails coming though so I end up working 24/7!

It doesn't have a camera.

had a Sony Ericcson P9** thingy before which was much much better but my company wouldn't support it properly. I'm sure it would link to LN and MS as well as Groupwise (one for the historians) but not in real time.
Old 27-07-07, 12:54 PM   #3
600+

yeah BB needs a server etc to work and I don't have that and the company won't support it.

hence why a wifi connection would help cause it makes life easier and a lot cheaper to connect on the net
Old 27-07-07, 01:51 PM   #4
Jelster

O2 have their Xda series, which are called something else on Orange, Voodoo fone and T Maybe...

I've got the Xda Orbit which has a GPR receiver built in as well. On O2 18 month contract for £50 month (use it for business) which gives me 600 minutes/month but Saturday, Sunday & Monday are not included, they're free... Plus 15Mb of data per month.

Good tool, good phone and the GPS is handy to find yourself around cities on foot.

I use Outlook but I don't see why it wont connect to Notes if there is a Notes compatible mobile client.
Old 27-07-07, 02:05 PM   #5
gettin2dizzy

They're not mac compatible I'm in the same boat. Nokia just released some computery thing that looks good
Old 27-07-07, 05:46 PM   #6
600+

nothing works with macs

LOL