SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 27-02-09, 03:37 PM   #11
plowsie

Default Re: memories

The day I clear my loans and have access to my full salary will be a day to remember.
Old 27-02-09, 03:38 PM   #12
Dappa D

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowsie View Post
The day I clear my loans and have access to my full salary will be a day to remember.

Amen!
Old 27-02-09, 03:40 PM   #13
Mej
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate Moss View Post
Im looking forward to making new memories. I seem to focus on the bad ones and it's about time I made some happy ones.

Although my short term memory has been really bad lately....

what was the question again??!!

With so much cr*p in the world, i wouldn't blame anyone for reminissing about happer times.
Too much wacky backie!!!

Mej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-09, 03:41 PM   #14
Kate Moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by J2UK View Post
Too much wacky backie!!!
or not enough!!!
Old 27-02-09, 03:53 PM   #15
Mej
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate Moss View Post
or not enough!!!
Could be, my short term memory is non existent!!!

Mej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-09, 03:59 PM   #16
missyburd

My memory is crap, think it's because I moved house a lot as a kid, apparently that affects memory. I have to take so many photos to capture those moments I don't want to forget. I spend so much time just looking back through them, got so many that make me smile and remind me of the good times, I've had the odd few
Old 27-02-09, 04:04 PM   #17
vixis

ooo, that could explain it then. I think we moved 5 times in one year once. Mind you, if I took pics I would only forget where I put them...! Smells are the things that flash memories up for me.

And speaking of which, this is a funny buy: http://www.thepresentfinder.co.uk/tp...ts/pid/8219018
Old 27-02-09, 04:07 PM   #18
missyburd

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixis View Post
Smells are the things that flash memories up for me.
Yeah same here. I once walked down a street and smelt what I could have sworn was the exact same laundry detergent that was used at my first primary school, so weird!
Old 27-02-09, 04:44 PM   #19
Ed

The other side of the coin.

I did not have a happy childhood and my teenage years were little better. You'd be surprised at the abuse that went on behind the doors of what looked like an affluent London suburban household. I still wonder whether I see things darker than they really were. I repeatedly come to the conclusion that I don't and that my bitter memories of my father - still so raw after 40 years - are deserved and justified.

Funny really, because it got so bad not that long ago that I had counselling for it. The counsellor encouraged me to confront these issues so I could relax about them, but I can't, and so I try not to think about them, but I can't do that either, so I go round in circles.

Life only got better when I left for good in 1982, aged 21. I should have done it years before - I had the chance to emigrate to the USA, I turned it down. Ah well
Old 27-02-09, 05:01 PM   #20
anna
Mega Poster

.. thats very interesting that memory is attached to moving. Is that really true??? ....my short term memory is rubbish.

I think that if you have been through some harsh times it makes you turn inwards more then most others. Perhaps an escape from what is going on in your surroundings and finding a happier place.

There are some memories that I have that I sincerly wish I could erase. Sadly memory doesnt work that way and the only way to deal with them is to find a positive angle to them.

Mark I think you more then most have lived to the max and so your memories are going to be plentiful.
anna is offline   Reply With Quote