SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

East Anglian Revolution If you're based in East Anglia, then this could be for you.

Old 21-02-10, 09:31 PM   #1111
maviczap
Mega Poster

Default Re: 'Ere 'ere is the EAR Megathread

The tester isn't supposed to fiddle with the bike, depends how fussy they are, as to whether the bike is too noisey

You can ask them before the test and get em to fit it before the test
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-10, 09:31 PM   #1112
kellyjo

Dunno, it was riveted in and took Jeff hours to drill it out, he managed to destroy several drill bits in the process, but yes, im sure a nut and bolt and it would be job done. Just didnt want the hassle of having to go and get one if i didnt need too!
Old 21-02-10, 09:32 PM   #1113
Sean_C

Yep- ask them to do it and it's MOT & work

Hopefully you won't get a 240 quid bill like I did
Old 21-02-10, 09:32 PM   #1114
kellyjo

Quote:
Originally Posted by maviczap View Post
The tester isn't supposed to fiddle with the bike, depends how fussy they are, as to whether the bike is too noisey

You can ask them before the test and get em to fit it before the test
Its going into suzuki so i guess they might be a bit picky, exhaust doesnt sound too loud.... not as loud as mine
Old 22-02-10, 07:25 PM   #1115
Rob969

Well i've taken some inspiration from seggons and bought a big pot of parrafin today so hopefully if the weathers good enough on wednesday when i'm off i'll be going for a little ride followed by plenty of cleaning of the bike and chain
Old 23-02-10, 06:59 PM   #1116
kellyjo

Jeffs bike passed its MOT, just a couple of advisary notes - noisy exhaust (i forgot to take the baffle in but they said it was borderline) and drive chain was slightly slack and starting to look a bit worn, which we already knew!

It felt strange riding his bike, i'd assume it would feel the same as mine seeing as they are identical but it didnt - he has fat foam grips which are way too wide for my delicate digits, his clutch lever felt very stiff and 'snatchy' whereas mine feels softer and gentler, and i definitely had less confidence in his michelin pilot tyres than my bt014s (although thats probably cos he just keeps telling me theyre worse) and overall i came to the conclusion that, mine's by far the superior machine
Old 23-02-10, 08:28 PM   #1117
Sean_C

Just been down the pub with dad. He'll come along on the rideout as long as the weather is fine

Izi's birthday on thursday, and I'm going up to liver****hole on friday after work.. So far only two little presents have arrived, the others still haven't
Let's hope I can get there in less than the 4.5 hours it took last time, and certainly less than the 6 hours it took the first time.
Old 23-02-10, 09:54 PM   #1118
speedplay

Well as of sunday night, I have a new part time job...

Some on here know that I work with the local kids here in Northampton in my spare time (what little I have) and got interested in a new project the guys I did my bike test were looking at....

After a couple of meetings I have been offered a job.

I know your interested (not really but I'm going to tell you anyway).

One of the local councils have partnered with the bike trainers and have allocated an amount (quite a chunk) of cash and a big piece of land to set up an offroad school.
They want us to put through 25 kids from all walks of life (most likely local scumbags) and the rest of the time will be free to do as we like with the track.
They have plans to do residentials with a local lodge and outdoor centre, schools groups as well as private clients.
The aim is to get the kids off the wastegrounds, onto proper offroad bikes and in proper kit with the safety of instructors and first aid etc.

Im being put onto an ACU instructors course and will be working as and when on a self employed basis (I'm already self employed so no hastle there then).

So whos jealous of me getting paid to go offroading...?

I'm made up and just thought I'd share.
Old 23-02-10, 10:09 PM   #1119
Sean_C

That's brilliant fella- get to do something you enjoy, get paid for it and get to help thr community all at the same time. Nice one. Things go from strength to strength eh
Old 24-02-10, 08:58 AM   #1120
Skip
Mega Poster

Nice one Rob - sounds like a proper "feel proud" moment - hope you enjoy it - who wouldn't?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
Brakes are now bled on the bike - was expecting the lever to be rock hard with very little movement but if I am honest they don't feel that different to how they were before They have been totally bled so there is no air in the system - I guess that's how they are... In all fairness I still have to take the calipers off and have a clean up in there - maybe that will help...
Just to quote myself - stripped, cleaned the calipers and pumped the pistons in and out and fitted new EBC HH pads last night - one of the old pads was a lot less worn than the others - so made sure all the pistons are moving smoothly - talk about a difference at the lever now - jeez! So with my super short throttle and super sharp brakes I will be wheelying and stoppying everywhere I think!