SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

View Poll Results: What's the most dangerous
White van man 20 28.57%
People on mobiles 35 50.00%
Young drivers 11 15.71%
Old drivers 23 32.86%
Boy racers 15 21.43%
other (list in post) 13 18.57%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old 14-09-07, 01:11 PM   #1
gettin2dizzy

Default Most dangerous on the road

got pulled out in front of again - by a wvm on his mobile (ffs!).
so...
Old 14-09-07, 01:19 PM   #2
philbut

Default Re: Most dangerous on the road

WVM for me. they seem to react very aggressively towards bikes and hate being overtaken. To be fair, i used to drive a van and the visibility is poor, so i always approach them with caution if filtering.

i also think slow / nervous lost drivers are the cause of a lot of accidents because they do stupid stuff you arent expecting and will just stop without warning. went into the back of a woman once in the car who stopped after moving onto a completely clear round about because "oh i just thought i'd check it was clear again" - raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa you stupid stupid cow, you do not stop on roundabouts (congestion and light aside of course). Rant over.
Old 14-09-07, 01:22 PM   #3
Samnooshka

I get it everyday on my way to work... i'd have to say though, The boy racer in the company white van whilst on his mobile!!!

Just winds me up but learnt to expect it now. My journey in the mornings takes me about 20 to 30 minutes... this week its been taking me over an hour!! and i leave before the school traffic!!! seems like everyone has had a holiday and left their brains in spain

Hey ho!! there is always next week!
Old 14-09-07, 01:23 PM   #4
Kinvig

pedestrians
Old 14-09-07, 01:24 PM   #5
sarah

Eviltwin and I got hit by an old driver so that's what I voted. The police have told us that since hitting us he has voluntarily given up his driving licence so I guess he is less of a danger now.
Old 14-09-07, 01:28 PM   #6
Elio

Believe it or not I find that cyclists are a nightmare. They do not signal, jump red lights. swing out between cars, the list goes on........
Old 14-09-07, 01:28 PM   #7
Daimo

People on Mobiles. Whether they think it or not, as soon as they are on the phone, the driving lines match that of someone who's drunk, swearving all over the road, can't control the cars out of junctions, roundabouts etc.

Older people (with money, i.e jags, mercs) who think they are rich hence own the road. They lost the use of indicators and mirrors years ago and the outside lane is just for them, and they will not move even if theres nothing in sight on the 2 lanes inside them.

Pedestrians, quite what the intelligence factor is when they walk out in front of you listening to their ipods without looking amazes me. Me on my 200kg bike doing 20mph Vs them walking in the road. Who's going to come off worse?

Cyclists, but only when they swerve accross lanes without looking or signalling they are going to do it. If your gonna throw a paddy because i didn't let you out, try looking next time. Or jsut feel my warth!!!

I usually find WVM are quite good going into the city, they always leave me room or move out the way to let the bikers past.

Last edited by Daimo; 14-09-07 at 01:31 PM.
Old 14-09-07, 01:36 PM   #8
krhall

Old white van men who think they are young and constantly using mobiles..........

But seriously without a doubt it is people on mobiles, as Daimo says they are woprse than drunk drivers and are a constant source of annoyance on the A2 each day!!!
Old 14-09-07, 01:37 PM   #9
plowsie

All of em, they just dont see me!
Old 14-09-07, 01:45 PM   #10
Grinch

ME!