SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 02-04-14, 12:04 PM   #11
PyroUK
Mega Poster

Default Craigslist Rant

My understanding is that Craigslist is like gumtree. The place that is for **** too bad for eBay.

If go with what biggles said, no point in buying a scrap heap. Plus no idea what else is wrong with it!

Good luck with finding a good one though, they are a cracking bike!
Old 02-04-14, 05:02 PM   #12
Sleeper

Default Re: Craigslist Rant

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyrach View Post
I like the way there is no pics of the right hand side where there is all that damage LOL!
I know right!? I go to the appointment only to find out that the seller was hiding major body damage.
Old 02-04-14, 05:29 PM   #13
Bibio
Mega Poster

as said head on over to svrider. there is always plenty bikes for sale.

don't be shy coming back here though
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-14, 05:33 PM   #14
Messie
The Teacer
Mega Poster

Moved to Bike Talk
Old 02-04-14, 08:16 PM   #15
JulesW

Hey Sleeper, don't let the fact that buying the right bike is time consuming get you down, I spent about 4 months finding mine. I would imagine the weather is still wintery in Michigan for a little while yet. The SV is a great bike and it is definitely worth waiting for a really good one to show up. Have you spoken to your local dealers yet? Let them know what you're looking for, they might be able to source one for you. As already mentioned, SVrider.com could be very useful. Hang in there, be patient and the right bike will come.

Good luck
Old 07-04-14, 02:46 AM   #16
Sleeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulesW View Post
Hey Sleeper, don't let the fact that buying the right bike is time consuming get you down, I spent about 4 months finding mine. I would imagine the weather is still wintery in Michigan for a little while yet. The SV is a great bike and it is definitely worth waiting for a really good one to show up. Have you spoken to your local dealers yet? Let them know what you're looking for, they might be able to source one for you. As already mentioned, SVrider.com could be very useful. Hang in there, be patient and the right bike will come.

Good luck
Sorry for the late response, but yeah you are right. I figure the more I wait, the more chance of a good deal will come up, BTW I got offered 3 SV650s' that I really like.
Old 07-04-14, 12:16 PM   #17
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

There are loads of idiots on drugs selling bikes.
There are even more idiots on drugs trying to buy them.

Shrug your shoulders and go have a pint or something. There are loads of idiots about and getting worked up over it will make no difference whatsoever. Treat it as a valuable learning experience.

Or maybe point out that they should expect to take a loss on stuff when they devalue it by crashing it, abusing it and generally trying to sell a heap. They'll probably tell you to p*ss off, and in that case I suggest the earlier advice of shrugging and going for a pint.

Last edited by yorkie_chris; 07-04-14 at 12:18 PM.
yorkie_chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-14, 10:44 PM   #18
ChrisCurvyS

Part of the problem is that bikes are in much shorter supply than cars, so if you get your heart set on a certain model there might only be a dozen within a few hundred miles. Bit like that myself currently looking for a Honda Blackbird.

However, you've just got to be patient and wait for the right one. Nearly bought an imported Bird today thinking it made no odds but after a quick call to an enthusiast, discovered it may well be a 100bbc restricted model for the French market! Which isn't a quick fix and would have undermined the bike's whole reison d'etre.
ChrisCurvyS is offline   Reply With Quote