SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 10-05-06, 11:53 AM   #1
VR46

Default Should I sell the SV and get a CCM R30 ??????????

Guys,

Thinking of swapping the SV for a CCM R30. Should I do it?

Any one on here riden an R30, how do they compare?

I only use my bike on a Sunday for a quick blast so size of fuel tank & seat comfort etc etc is not really an issue.

Its grin factor im after

Cheers

Rob
Old 10-05-06, 12:04 PM   #2
haggis

You'll have trouble keeping the front end down.

Not had a shot myself, but they are top fun apparently.
Old 10-05-06, 12:27 PM   #3
Cloggsy

I was looking at getting a CCM R30, but the build quality is utter utter crap! If you buy the older model too (the one with the Rotax engine,) the engine has big reliability problems too The Suzuki lump is OK though...
Old 10-05-06, 12:30 PM   #4
VR46

Yeah im worried about how easy it would be to find parts for it.

Iv heard that CCM are in a bit of trouble in terms of maybe going bust soon (dont know how true this is) I dont wanna get one and they fold a week later.

Rob
Old 10-05-06, 12:31 PM   #5
ianofbhills

Why a ccm?

In the supermoto world ccm's are regarded as being a bit underpowered and tractor like.

personally i dont like the look of them either.

Why not a ktm or husaberg / husqvarna.
Old 10-05-06, 12:32 PM   #6
ianofbhills

Quote:
Originally Posted by VR46
Yeah im worried about how easy it would be to find parts for it.

Iv heard that CCM are in a bit of trouble in terms of maybe going bust soon (dont know how true this is) I dont wanna get one and they fold a week later.

Rob

They've been bust and brought back to life only recently.
Old 10-05-06, 12:35 PM   #7
Cloggsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianofbhills
Why not a ktm
Wink wink, nudge nudge
Old 10-05-06, 12:36 PM   #8
VR46

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianofbhills
Why a ccm?

In the supermoto world ccm's are regarded as being a bit underpowered and tractor like.

personally i dont like the look of them either.

Why not a ktm or husaberg / husqvarna.
Like the looks, another idea is to get a Honda CFR450 Moto X bike and put road gear on it. Im not too sure how much work is involved to do this?

I dont have that much money to spend (about £3k, including the money I get for my sv)
Old 10-05-06, 12:51 PM   #9
rictus01
Mega Poster

yeah, used one quite a lot.

great but only for a limited time, you can't see the instruments without looking down (no I mean way down) and sit right forwards, not great joy at anything over the legal limit to be honest, possible,but you'd have enjoy discomfort.

all the money went on the bouncy bits as the instruments, switches and so on are a little mickey mouse.

back road twisties, it'll turn quicker than an SV, but just about anywhere else you'll loose out ( O, just remembered, great in traffic to, you sit a little higher).
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
rictus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-06, 01:22 PM   #10
Hogzi

Default I had one

Don't bother.

I had one for about six months and in that time fitted a loud pipe, jet kit etc and it turned me into an anti-social job (good fun though).

Really good fun but like said above it's really limited. If I lived in London I would have one but out in the sticks don't bother..... unless it's a second bike!