SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 17-09-06, 12:12 PM   #1
riktherider

Default insurance claims

i had an off the other day, slid into the back of a lotus elise. (not the best car to hit into i know) unfortunatly it was my fault, i lost controll, braked hard and slid and hit the car. it was only a low speed incedent but there was some damage to his car and quite a bit to mine. Im writting mine off over the winter to repair it and do it up a bit.
My question is, i have allready informed the insurance company, they sent me forms to sign and send back. What else is involved?? ive never claimed before and neither have my parents so im unsure. people i work with said that my bike might need to be inspected but others say not. can anyone shed any light to what goes on??
unfortunatly i am only third party, so my bike is not covered. but i kinda wanted some time to tart her up a bit any way.

thanks guys and gals
Old 17-09-06, 12:22 PM   #2
Kate

If you are only 3rd party then I would expect that you just need to leave it to the insurance companies to sort out. You've given all the details, filled and signed the forms and sent them back, if you need to do anything else the insurance company should contact you.

As far as having your bike inspected, thats usually when the insurance company is expected to repair it, if you are 3rd party, I doubt your bike needs inspection.