SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 23-07-09, 09:13 AM   #1
kitkat

Default swine flu - get out

went to gp surgery yesterday to see about getting prescription for Libby as she is dairy intolerant and need to get special formula. anyway big sign as you walked towards front door -

"if you have swine flu symptoms please go home and phone your GP. Do not enter this building" bit harsh as its a doctors surgery then I went to local chemist to pick up prescription and they also had a sign on their door -

"if you wish to pick up a prescription for tamiflu (or whatever its called) (Sign didnt say that, I just cant remember its name) please go to tesco or farnborough"

hardly surprising people are dying from swine flu they cant get medical help or medicine.

Am I the only person that is not concerned about this pandemic or am I just being stupid and should I be panicing?
Old 23-07-09, 09:19 AM   #2
TazDaz

Default Re: swine flu - get out

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitkat View Post
Am I the only person that is not concerned about this pandemic or am I just being stupid and should I be panicing?
No point in panicing now...and other than not leaving you're house there isn't much you can do to avoid it anyways!

I'll only start panicing when the death toll gets significantly higher...I'm sure more people would die from normal flu by now if it were winter! The only difference is that people are dying in summer...and back to the winter flu, I'm sure we'd all have traces of the virus in us if they tested anyways!

We have a new "wash hands" regime at work where you have to wash your hands every hour or something. Doesn't really work though as there are over 100 people on my floor and only 8 sinks!

I'm not even allowed at work this week because I had flu like symptoms and the doc "thinks" it may have been swine flu...at least it's paid sick leave though!
Old 23-07-09, 09:21 AM   #3
Gazza77

Quote:
went to gp surgery yesterday to see about getting prescription for Libby as she is dairy intolerant and need to get special formula. anyway big sign as you walked towards front door -

"if you have swine flu symptoms please go home and phone your GP. Do not enter this building" bit harsh as its a doctors surgery then I went to local chemist to pick up prescription and they also had a sign on their door -

"if you wish to pick up a prescription for tamiflu (or whatever its called) (Sign didnt say that, I just cant remember its name) please go to tesco or farnborough"

hardly surprising people are dying from swine flu they cant get medical help or medicine.

I'm not concerned about it, however I can appreciate the need for caution. Special procedures have been put in place to deal with potential swine flu victims; there is no point in unecessarily spreading the illness unnecessarily. A bit harshly worded perhaps, but people tend to ignore advice in such cases and do what they want anyway...

Then Triumph Sprint ST with scottoiler and R&Gs & TOR exhaust

Now Benelli Tornado
Gazza77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-09, 09:21 AM   #4
keithd

im not picnicing yet, am doing what i normally do, i aint letting it effect my (playboy) lifestyle.

if i get it, i figure there's a 1% chance i'll die, thems aint bad odds.
Old 23-07-09, 09:23 AM   #5
kitkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithd View Post
im not picnicing yet, am doing what i normally do, i aint letting it effect my (playboy) lifestyle.

thats cos its raining
Old 23-07-09, 09:24 AM   #6
Nicky S
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithd View Post

lol i like that :P but swine flu .... a few of my friends family have got it and all they got told to do was stay in there room and dont leave the house untill it has gone ...

dosent sound fun

Nicky S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-09, 09:34 AM   #7
Tara

not panicing yet but i am concerned i've had a few sympptons and been told to contact my gp but i don't feel ill - i get hot and tired and have no energy anyway am nearly 7 months pregnant its how i am supposed to feel if i get a high temperature then i will contact the docs then but i am avoiding crowds and public transport
Old 23-07-09, 09:43 AM   #8
Von Teese

Quote:
"if you wish to pick up a prescription..... please go to tesco or farnborough"
Where there will be a significantly higher number of people to infect than here!
Old 23-07-09, 09:44 AM   #9
Stig

Not really bothered by it at the moment. Did anyone see the series 'The Survivors'?
Old 23-07-09, 09:53 AM   #10
Grinch

Jax was told that she might have it, as she's displaying the symptoms. I told work as I might infected and they seemed not bothered at all. I haven't started oinking yet.