SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 26-10-15, 08:59 PM   #11
DomP

Default Re: Newport test routes

That's a very generous offer but I work weekends which does at least make taking tests easy. That said if I don't succeed this next time I may well take you up on that offer.
DomP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-15, 07:42 AM   #12
Cymraeg_Atodeg

Dom, both I am collis are in the Newport area, so, I am sure if you need further help after the next test we can offer some

Last edited by Cymraeg_Atodeg; 27-10-15 at 07:47 AM.
Old 27-10-15, 12:18 PM   #13
DomP

I will definitely call upon you if I don't get a good result next time. Very much appreciate your offer
Old 27-10-15, 12:57 PM   #14
collis

Best thing i can suggest for you is to look at google street view for the area and learn how some of the roads look, dont be afraid to also pull over (following safetys of course) and ask the examiner to repeate the route. If you also take the wrong route (2nd exit instrad of 3rd) then dont worry as long as you did it safely the instructor wont mind and will get you back on course especially if you explain it was un intentional (getting stuck in the wrong lane for instance).
Hope it helps and good luck
Old 27-10-15, 02:04 PM   #15
Cymraeg_Atodeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomP View Post
I will definitely call upon you if I don't get a good result next time. Very much appreciate your offer
Happy to help

Quote:
Originally Posted by collis View Post
Best thing i can suggest for you is to look at google street view for the area and learn how some of the roads look, don't be afraid to also pull over (safely of course) and ask the examiner to repeat the route. If you also take the wrong route (2nd exit instead of 3rd) then don't worry as long as you did it safely the instructor wont mind and will get you back on course especially if you explain it was unintentional (getting stuck in the wrong lane for instance).
Hope it helps and good luck
Taking the wrong turning but doing it right is accepted, but the instructors do have limits on that. I am pretty sure if you take the wrong exit/turning more than three times they fail you because you are unable to comply with their requests.

But, if you just listen to the request, process what you need to do and carry it out in a timely and safe manner you should pass every time
Old 29-10-15, 09:04 AM   #16
collis

Just as a warning, Cardiff Road in Newport has heavy roadworks on it, the queues are about 2/3 miles back from the roadworks.
Chances are the test route will divert away from here but just bear it in mind if you end up on this road, the examiner might ask you to filter round the traffic.
Old 29-10-15, 10:02 AM   #17
Cymraeg_Atodeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by collis View Post
Just as a warning, Cardiff Road in Newport has heavy roadworks on it, the queues are about 2/3 miles back from the roadworks.
Chances are the test route will divert away from here but just bear it in mind if you end up on this road, the examiner might ask you to filter round the traffic.
That's the fun part!
Old 16-11-15, 01:01 PM   #18
collis

how did your test go in the end?
Old 16-11-15, 03:41 PM   #19
DomP

I'm embarrassed to say I failed, went in to panic mode 5 minutes into my test when iImmiss heard a direction then proceeded to take the wrong exit on a round about. Obviously I didn't call for either but my panic caused me to pick up too many minors.

In a weird way I feel better about newport now so roll on 11 December.
Old 16-11-15, 04:23 PM   #20
Cymraeg_Atodeg

Good luck