SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 25-05-15, 06:51 AM   #1
Citizen

Default Curvy intermittent electrical problem!

Didn't want to hijack the thread below.

I have an occasional issue with the start button on my curvy as in sometimes it is as dead as a dead thing for a random amount of presses then fires fine.

I have dismantled the switch and cleaned it but it is still happening absolutely dead no clicking or anything, just like there is now electrical current at all.

I haven't been left stranded anywhere yet but need to start commuting to work on it and would rather it was sorted as Im sure it wont cure itself.

Any ideas anyone?

Cheers
Citizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-15, 06:59 AM   #2
scoots

Default Re: Curvy intermittent electrical problem!

prob the connector on top of the main fuse mine did exactly the same..i just pressed it and hey presto....but I have secured it with a tie wrap and haven't had any issues since..touch wood
Old 25-05-15, 07:08 AM   #3
Citizen

Nice one, will go have a look to see if is a simple cure!

Apologies, just seen this was covered here: http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=215960

Last edited by Citizen; 25-05-15 at 07:17 AM.
Citizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-15, 07:28 AM   #4
scoots

hopefully mate
Old 25-05-15, 08:17 AM   #5
swaffle

As well as the relay scoots mentioned (I've had issues with the relay too... Posts on here) currently my clutch switch is being dodgy causing just nothing to happen when pressing the starter. Worked it out to be the clutch switch as sometimes it wouldn't go and then letting everything go and pressing again it was fine. Finally worked out if I hold the clutch in and try and keep it in and just lift it a little.. Presto!