SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 20-11-08, 11:15 AM   #1
vzzzbuxt

Default sv650s+crash+new owner+enthusasim+cash injection+imagination= project SVR!

well the title sez it all..sv650s+crash+new owner+enthusasim+cash injection+imagination= project SVR!

recently aquired and in a non road worth state, first step is to get it mot-a-ble and onthe road as a spare legal(ish) bike and then i can get carried away with modding it.

initial ideas have come to fruition.. thought id post my provisional sketched idea ...

Old 20-11-08, 12:07 PM   #2
Ceri JC

Default Re: sv650s+crash+new owner+enthusasim+cash injection+imagination= project SVR!

Very similar to the "modern cafe racer" based around a TL1000 lump, that I've been planning the past two years. Looks good
Old 20-11-08, 12:48 PM   #3
vzzzbuxt

Default Re: sv650s+crash+new owner+enthusasim+cash injection+imagination= project SVR!

..or maybe a sssa (single sided swingarm) rear of the vfr/triumph 1050 ilk??
Old 20-11-08, 12:51 PM   #4
Dangerous Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by vzzzbuxt View Post
single sided swingarm
This is my next possibility....
Old 20-11-08, 05:05 PM   #5
pencil shavings

nice drawing!

wish i could draw!!
Old 20-11-08, 05:31 PM   #6
Dangerous Dave

Looking closer at the design you are going to have a few issues, the exhaust for a start wil be a lot of work as you need both front and rear headers to have the same flow. The air intakes wouldn't be a good idea, not a funtioning good idea anyway, and the twin side mounted rad is OTT.

If you really want to make that bike I would suggest that some parts should be dummy parts, this then leaves the SV to work as intended.
Old 20-11-08, 05:59 PM   #7
vzzzbuxt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous Dave View Post
Looking closer at the design you are going to have a few issues, .....is OTT..
its a provisional sketch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous Dave View Post
If you really want to make that bike I would suggest that some parts should be dummy parts, this then leaves the SV to work as intended.

im the sort that changes things during abuild, either because my original plans dont work well enough, or i have a more ludicrius idea!!!

who knows where the project is gonna lead me..... i know i dont really have a clue...
Old 20-11-08, 06:02 PM   #8
Dangerous Dave

Give it your best shot mate, and all the luck to ya...
Old 20-11-08, 06:09 PM   #9
Stu
Trinity
Mega Poster

So you intend to have no Rake

Remind me not to ask for a go

Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-08, 06:12 PM   #10
vzzzbuxt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
So you intend to have no Rake

Remind me not to ask for a go

on the funny side u could look at it as a genuine artists impression, which we all know in the real world is 99% the exact opposite of what it looks like!

look at the latest nissan micra cabriolet in pink- the artist sketched it and it looked like a mini ferrari. in reality it was a pink turd with a electric roof so people could see the loser whos driving it