SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

For Sale - SV's and SV related items For SV's and SV spare parts only. 650 or 1000 No other items Unsanctioned trade ads will be deleted as will spam and chat.

Old 20-07-10, 08:35 PM   #1
diamond

Default Black K5 SVS For Spares or Repair : £850

For sale is my K5 SVS details as follows.

Black K5 SVS first of the year that it went with the black frame.

36k ish ( I cant remember exact milleage )

Remus Revolution Grand Prix High Level Exhaust with original exhaust.

Suzuki OEM Lowers.

Suzuki OEM Seat Cowl.

Suzuki OEM Hugger ( Colour Matched )

Lowered with Suzuki official longer dog bones and we have the original standard ones which will be included in the sale

F. Fabri Dark Smoke Doulbe Bubble Screen

Scottoiler

R & G Crash Bungs, the new style ones that fit with the lowers

Fenda Extenda

The forks were rebuilt with stiffer springs

2nd hand rear shock with 5000 ish miles on it that is ready to go on the bike and included in the sale.

Alphadot

Hamicad tail tidy with mini indicators, I have the original snow shovel which I will include in the sale.

Oxford Hot Grips.

Was last serviced in June 2008 and has pretty much sat in the garage since then and remained unused.

In the interests of being honest, this bike is in far from Mint Condition. The following should be taken into account

Its has no TAX or MOT and is currently SORN'd

Last time I tried to move it it was a struggle as the front brakes are seized on, these will at least want a strip and clean, they'll probably need a rebuild. I do have somewhere another set of calipers off another bike, we will include these in the sale.

It only runs on the front cylinder the rear being intermitant, I think this is being caused by a faulty HT lead / Coil. We have sourced another one that is ready to go on the bike this will be included in the sale.

Fairing lowers are scuffed due to a low speed drop, no more than 5mph in the carpark where I work.

The Gear Lever has been drilled and bolted

The radiator leaks, we have filled it with Rad Weld and it has not leaked since. This may be repairable or worst case require replacement.

The chain and sprocket are not in the best of condition having been subjected to a few Salty winter riders. I cannot guarantee that these wont need replacing.

The fork lower stanchions were replaced under warranty a while ago, but are starting to show signs of pitting again and also the paint on the engine cases is flaking / peeling badly.

Its suffering the usual Noisy Cam chain tensioner rattle and I believe that its due a valve clearance check with the milleage it has on it now.

It needs some TLC that neither Fizz or I have time to give it. It would make a good project bike, basis for a track bike or would make for a decent cheap commuter if you are handy with spanners and have time to get it back into working order.

If you are novice with SV's or mechanically inept or not confident I'd probably suggest that this isnt the bike for you.

Happy to negotiate on price but that will involve us removing some of the fancier bling parts as part of the negotiation process. £850 for the bike complete as described with everything included ONO.

You'll need a trailer or a Van to collect it from us as we are unable to deliver it and its not running correctly at present.

Its currently buried in the garage under a huge pile of stuff, so if you wish to view you'll need to give us a bit of notice so we can get the bike out !

This is the last pic I have of it before we covered it up for storage. It looks sadly it looks worse in the flesh.

I know I am probably not doing a very good job with the hard sell on this one but I think its best to be honest ! If you want to know more or have questions probably best to PM Fizz.

I would like to sell the bike as is, so please dont ask for bits and pieces off of it as I dont have the time or inclination to break it myself.

Last edited by fizzwheel; 20-07-10 at 09:02 PM.
Old 20-07-10, 09:33 PM   #2
Jackk

Default Re: Black K5 SVS For Spares or Repair : £850

Dibs on fitting kit if selling!
Old 20-07-10, 09:33 PM   #3
Jackk

Edit - Just read the bottom!

Last edited by Jackk; 20-07-10 at 09:37 PM.
Old 20-07-10, 09:56 PM   #4
natcar

Why not spend a couple of hours freeing off the brakes, change the coil and put an mot on it? Would be worth about 2k if running with mot.
Old 20-07-10, 10:02 PM   #5
diamond

Provisionally sold
Old 21-07-10, 07:54 AM   #6
adjblade

PM sent
Old 22-07-10, 12:02 PM   #7
mikerj

I'll definitely take it if your sale drops through.
mikerj is offline   Reply With Quote