SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 06-04-07, 09:35 PM   #1
thedonal

Default Bike Venues

Right-well I'm doing Boxhill and Newlands to death now and am looking for some other destinations, slowly going further afield.

When I have more cash for petrol/eats and the weather stays nice, I'm sure I'll be down to the South Coast and back. But in the meantime, can anyone recommend any other bike oriented stopping points in Surrey/Sussex? I like the regular haunts, but want to try new roads (or Newroad for League of Gentlemen fans)

I thought of heading towards Caterham way, past Reigate and so on- the roads look nice there, or even somewhere further down the A3/A24. A half indecent cafe would be useful- that cup of ropey coffee really makes the trip worthwile....!
Old 06-04-07, 09:42 PM   #2
sarah

Default Re: Bike Venues

eviltwin and i have become regulars for weekend brekkie at the chalet which is located on the a281 just south of cowfold, handy for trips down to the coast. good prices and good portions. i posted a review of it here http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=86518
Old 06-04-07, 09:44 PM   #3
thedonal

Nice one- cheers. Will deafinitely check it owt.
Old 06-04-07, 09:50 PM   #4
Demonz

Upto Foxes Diner - thats a nice Ride. Jelster put a nice map in the rides thread. I'll dig out another one for you.

EDIT: Take a look in here for a more detailed version http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=67750

This is my short route upto Foxes Diner - half day (120 miles) off the A30/Virginia Water/Windsor/Maidenhead... http://nbsl.co.uk/gallery/albums/alb..._breakyrun.jpg

Last edited by Demonz; 06-04-07 at 09:55 PM.
Old 06-04-07, 10:06 PM   #5
rictus01
Mega Poster

If you look in the "good, bad & ugly cafes" section you'll see other destinations and peoples reviews of them wesson cafe is a nice one, some good roads down that way.

Cheers Mark.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
rictus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-07, 11:39 AM   #6
clanger

How about the Royal Oak, Liphook Road, Hollywater...? Fab pub, great food and is owned by GixxerJim from SOC. All bikes welcome.

Or this weekend, why not ride over to Holtwood Farm near Newbury for a bike rally, live band & music tonight.

Or on Sunday to the Reading MAG one day bike show, Abbey Rugby Club on the Sonning Common road...£1 entry, beer, bbq and a band on later
Old 07-04-07, 11:51 AM   #7
hovis

abergaveney bus station? sunday afternoon mid summer 300+ bikes