SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 02-05-24, 05:41 PM   #6401
admin
John T
Mega Poster

Default Re: Smile of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Trev View Post
Quite agree. On the flip side I was avoiding a traffic jam on Tuesday night and went a different route home and one of the villages I passed through was clearly campaigning for a 20 limit. Currently a 30 it has no school, no tight bends or hazards, no very narrow sections or any reasons to have one. Most traffic ignore the 30 signs so I can see their anger but making it a 20 would make a nonsense of the "only where it makes sense" policy.
I was travelling through large Welsh town a couple of weeks ago and the van in front of me decided 15mph was fast enough. We got overtaken by an electric bicycle.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
Old 03-05-24, 02:39 PM   #6402
Seeker
Mega Poster

A talented, funny ventriloquism act:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=909fzBZTbvA
Old 03-05-24, 10:19 PM   #6403
Ruffy

After all the insurance shenanigans of recent months (I've had car and house insurance hikes), I wasn't looking forward to by my bike insurance renewal. Well I received my offer earlier this week ... and it's gone down. Hurrah!

Also, eldest son received his recently and that's gone down, too!

(They're from different providers for different cover, too. We're still gonna do a bit of shopping around to see if we can better them.)

Wife's bike insurance renewal is due in a few weeks, so fingers crossed - hoping I won't have a 'Meat Loaf' outcome when that lands ("two outta three ain't bad" - Groan, sorry, couldn't resist!)
Ruffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-24, 04:18 PM   #6404
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Third series of Clarkson's Farm ( first 4 episodes ) was released yesterday on Amazon Prime video... episodes 5 to 8 released next Friday.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-24, 08:36 PM   #6405
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Had a test ride today on what will probably be my next bike. Had a day to myself as Lady Poppy is visiting her sister so rode to a Triumph dealer (nobody bothered to acknowledge me), went to a Yamaha dealer (yet again the they did not have a Tracer 7 for me to even sit on), but the Suzuki dealership had a PStrom 800 RE for me to test. Yee Ha!! The 800 is a fantastic motor and thankfully it fits me ergonomically just dandy. Just need to decide now if I go for it now or keep the upgraded Bonneville (Hagon suspension, new tyres/chain/brake pads..) for a bit longer. #firstworldproblems #hadabittodrink......
Old 07-05-24, 08:27 AM   #6406
admin
John T
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Trev View Post
Had a test ride today on what will probably be my next bike. Had a day to myself as Lady Poppy is visiting her sister so rode to a Triumph dealer (nobody bothered to acknowledge me), went to a Yamaha dealer (yet again the they did not have a Tracer 7 for me to even sit on), but the Suzuki dealership had a PStrom 800 RE for me to test. Yee Ha!! The 800 is a fantastic motor and thankfully it fits me ergonomically just dandy. Just need to decide now if I go for it now or keep the upgraded Bonneville (Hagon suspension, new tyres/chain/brake pads..) for a bit longer. #firstworldproblems #hadabittodrink......
Temptations! Why do you fancy a change? For me it's usually that the current bike no longer suits my requirements.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
Old 07-05-24, 07:02 PM   #6407
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Just feel like a change really. Was looking last year but nothing seemed right - the Yam dealers near me never seem to have much stock, the TigerSport 660 has a horrible back end and looks stupid with a topbox, the Honda 500X is nice but has no torque, the Tiger 900 is physically too big for my taste, the Transalp is too tall... I'd quite like the upright easy seating of an ADV bike next (as you can tell from my list from last year) so now there is a lower and road focused version of the PStrom 800 it was something that I wanted to try. And I'm glad I did.

Don't get me wrong, my T100 is still a lovely bike, especially after the upgrades, and it still makes me want to go out for a ride. But, I'll be cleaning it thoroughly in the evenings this week and we'll see what the Suzuki dealer offers me in PX on Saturday. Will keep you all posted.
Old Yesterday, 08:06 AM   #6408
Craig380
Mega Poster

This should really be 'smile of last night', but anyway. Went out for an early evening ride and reminded myself how much fun they are, simply because the roads are so much quieter after 7pm.

Went down the Via Gellia to Cromford, which is a lovely road that I'd recommend to all bikers but is normally busy with wagons and cars. Last night there was nothing in front of me the whole way, so I was able to carve down it at my own speed. And on the way home, the Carsington Water reservoir shimmered like silver in the setting sun.
Craig380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:13 PM   #6409
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Feeling manly tonight. The Freesat box started playing up last week and then we lost most of the channels - the signal strength showing nil on both input channels. I could see the LNB (the bit on the arm in front of the dish) was missing its front cap so went on to Amazon and ordered a new one for just £15. It came today and I shimmied up the ladder with it, plus screwdriver and Stanley knife, and the new one was installed in minutes. Oh yeah. No costly callout fee after playing Russian Roulette with a random tradie from the interweb (or Yellow Pages as we used to say). Might have a beer to celebrate a successful use of ladder/tools.