SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 26-03-11, 05:29 PM   #41
BBadger

Default Re: Dr350 rebuild

dun dun dunnnn as promised to you lot.

Got it running today so im bloody happy.
Few issues which is why theres a drip pan underneath but thats the internal diameter of the oil piper so it leaks £10 for new lines to sort then i can start on the suspension rebuild and general spraying up of bits.

one beautiful motorcycle.
Side panels scrub up quite nicely after a light polish with a drill.

shiny stuff and a well soaked chain that is now free of all stiff links and good as new!

nice and clean, actually bits look better than new after being blasted and sprayed.

nice rear brake which has the same treatment and braided line.

Now for the exhaust. £90 off ebay and it sounds amazing even with the baffle in.
Also header and link piped sprayed with exhaust paint but bits bubbled so may need redoing, you can see small specks near the front its a pain

notice the nice home made brackets aswell for the link pipe and hanger and nice new clamps

ill see if i can get a vid posted for you all to be jealous of soon.
Old 27-03-11, 04:44 PM   #42
Treacle

Looking great Mista.
Old 29-03-11, 10:57 PM   #43
BBadger

more issues but that life.

trying to get the front brake to fully bled is hell and im stumped after trying all methods known to man.
slight weep from one of the oil lines.
and

blowling from the link pipe/header joint but black rap is a very good discovery (thick black foil for those of you who dont known) that seems to sort the problem with about of cutting and tightening .

video soon to follow people!

[Edit]
fueling also sorted with the high flow air filter in. so running lean caused the heat which melted the exhaust paint but no perminent damage it would seem

Last edited by BBadger; 29-03-11 at 11:07 PM.
Old 30-03-11, 06:09 AM   #44
Specialone

I wouldn't expect too much from the exhaust paint tbh, it's gonna come off at some point.

Good work though, looking forward to see the finished result.
Old 30-03-11, 01:23 PM   #45
BBadger

tbh i think the paint going was due to it running very lean as the entire bike got red hot.

still stumped on the dammed front break though as it just wont fully bleed!
started back bleeding from the bottom and then normal bleeding followed by mouting the mc above the bike so the line was perfectly straight but still spongy and lacking any real power or force. ( using gold fren pads btw )
Old 14-05-11, 11:09 AM   #46
BBadger

I know i know ....no pics again but im not going to be at home for at least another month or so.

but finally got news of a very shiny pair of forks all ready to go back together.
all seals and oil have turned up
few new spokes and spoke heads aswell.

so hopefully the wheel will be back together and trued up upon my return then it is just forks and abit of plastic polishing until its finished.

watch this space people. Not long now.

Last edited by BBadger; 14-05-11 at 11:12 AM.
Old 21-06-11, 05:30 PM   #47
BBadger

dun dun dun dunnnn!
after a few months chocked up on its stand ive spent the last 2 days running around getting it all sorted.

Shiny shiny forks and nicely balanced up wheel, not to hard once you get the hang of it so i think its all straight and true. Also some nice fork socks to keep it all clean underneather.
New seals and bushes all round with hangon springs aswell.

brake fitted with braided line, blasted and sprayed calliper just need shiny bolts next.

No headlight because someone who i wont name put the brackets on the wrong side
No side panels either as they need some good polishing to make them shine like new.

Im in love with the rear fender and tail unit as the brake light being LED and clear is blindingly bright.

New gear change to

Forks are going to get dropped through a bit more soon.
Engine casing off tomorrow hopefully for a strip down and spray up over the week and a 1 of the oil hoses needs replacing.
whilst im in there have new thrust washer on the way so i can do the basket clearance and create end shake. makes it smoother and stops the wear on the washers and bearing.

not far off at all and it runs like a gem atm just waiting for the new throttle tube to turn up then handguards and grips can go on to

expect more pics to follow over the next few days people.
Old 21-06-11, 08:03 PM   #48
Skip
Mega Poster

Looks fantastic and I can tell you right now its going to be a proper hoot to ride
Old 23-06-11, 04:18 PM   #49
BBadger

Todays efforts are brought to you by paint stripper and how its removed suzuki engine paint quicker than my skin....yes its that thin and bad.

casings off and prepped for a painting.

1st coat to final coat, think its come up quite nice if a little lighter that i wanted.

its there because i like taking pics

flys....just why it was so nice and now even if you dont see it ill know its there!

this then left me with time between spray and running outside to save wet paint from the constant shower to fiddle around with the rest of the bike.

1 clutch! await new thrust washers and need to do a basket clearance tomorrow before it all goes back together, and i think it will work this time as i dont plan on doing the main nut up finger tight but actually use a torque wrench which was half the problem with the thing not working properly.

new throttle tube arrived which has a open end and allows me to fit hand guards. just a quick fit but you get the jist of how its going to look.

Tomorrow it should all go back together if i have enough time, new clutch cable can go in then a little test ride around the garden might even wack out the rear plastics as it will look finished and give me some inspiration to get a move on.
Old 24-06-11, 04:16 PM   #50
BBadger

Clutch has new thrust washers and clearance done, oil is in the bike with a new filter, casings are all on with new gaskets everything tight and a new clutch cable

But the bloody new gear change lever doesnt fit....miffed is an understatement!

i was hopping for a little run around the garden but nope!! dam you flebay!