SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

East Anglian Revolution If you're based in East Anglia, then this could be for you.

Old 06-08-12, 03:37 PM   #3751
kellyjo

Default Re: 'Ere 'ere is the EAR Megathread

Sorry, change of plans so got kids on Wednesday. I did have Thursday free instead but now have to go to hospital I totally give up trying to plan anything!!!

I did have an hour on the bike friday and managed to dodge all the torrential showers going around the area. It was lovely. I love my bike

Last edited by kellyjo; 06-08-12 at 03:39 PM.
Old 10-08-12, 07:20 PM   #3752
kellyjo

I had an unexpected free morning this morning so had a lovely run out through oakham, melton mowbray and grantham, it's been so long since ive ridden more than about 30 miles that after 100 i was quite achy...but very happy
I've still only had a couple of my IAM rides but it's made so much difference, it's not for everyone i know, but it was just what i needed and I'm enjoying the bike more than ever, just a shame i don't have the free time i used to have!!
Old 07-09-12, 01:35 PM   #3753
Skip
Mega Poster

Nearly a month since the last post in here - wow! I have to be honest I spend very little time on any forums at the moment - a busy job, 2.5 year old and lots of hobbies mean my time is precious these days. I think its the first year we haven't even managed one ride-out though - which is pretty poor in anyones book!

So who is still out there?
Old 07-09-12, 01:41 PM   #3754
kellyjo

I'm still here!! I check the forum everyday but there never seems to be any threads for me to get involved with. I rarely do any long rides these days as I'm busy with work and kids, but i try to ride when i can, even if it's just a twenty mile round trip up the good roads to tesco for milk. Im happy with the way i ride after a few IAM rides and am happy riding on my own. I don't want to ever be without the bike, but for now its just taken a bit of a back seat, still gives me an ear to ear grin every time i see it in the garage
Old 07-09-12, 01:53 PM   #3755
Skip
Mega Poster

I know the feeling - I only use my bike for commuting these days (when I dont have to take Luke to nursery) but it can be a fun journey and it never fails to put a smile on my face when I open the garage in the morning.

I think my total mileage this year will be under 2000 which is pretty rubbish when you think I commute 16 miles a day 3 days a week too!

Oh well, at least I still have the bike and its not going anywhere
Old 07-09-12, 02:01 PM   #3756
kellyjo

Mine costs 50 tax, 70 insurance and mot a year so if i just get a couple of rides in a month it's worth ever penny!!
Old 07-09-12, 02:05 PM   #3757
Skip
Mega Poster

Mine is only worth about £1500 and costs £35 to tax, about £100 or so to insure and the MOT - so as you its not a whole hill of money to have tied up in something.

Had major car problems this year which have cost me a lot of money but thankfully the bike has not had to finance all that!
Old 07-09-12, 02:50 PM   #3758
maviczap
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
So who is still out there?
Echo.............................................. .................................................

(insert Hollow sounding room sound effect)

I'm still here

Same here Skip, I've been preoccupied with other things this year and I know I've done more cycling miles than on my SV

But once next weeks done, I can concentrate on other things and we are sort of thinking about an October ride out.

If not the traditional pre Christmas meet for Fish & Chips at Southwold Pier.

There that's gone and done it, I mentioned the C word
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-12, 02:59 PM   #3759
kellyjo

I have one whole free day in October - no kids and no work - but it's the 29th so probably the wrong end of the month for a ride out.
Old 07-09-12, 04:06 PM   #3760
kaivalagi
Mega Poster

I would have been up for a ride out if one was going end of last week (after being away for 6 weeks) but I got bloody e-coli food poisoning from a Samosa I bought in a corner shop in the Heathrow underground....I'd say another 4-5 days and I'll be good to ride again. Typically I was in Fiji was 6 weeks without issue and it's only when I get back that the trouble starts...

KJ, you never know, it might still be in the 20's at the end of October I should be up for a ride out then...

Been meaning to ask...I may well be travelling to Walsall near Birmingham way once a week soon but it's boring A11 -> A14 -> M6, can anyone suggest a more interesting route to/from Norwich that doesn't double the travel time? I'll take the short route there but am happy to add an hour and a bit when heading home...any roads en-route that dont go too far off the direction of travel that are worth riding?

Triumph and Suzuki owner

Last edited by kaivalagi; 07-09-12 at 04:07 PM.
kaivalagi is offline   Reply With Quote