SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 06-10-19, 01:36 PM   #61
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Default Re: Wrong Choice. New '18 SV650.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5S5qNVkzZw

Found this video that may interest you, from a tester that had never ridden a Suzuki before ( can you believe it ? ).

I noticed the lack of wind at speed as well on my 2016 AL7, but decided to fit a screen ( MRA ) thinking it would make it better or at least keep some of the kamikaze bugs off my visor and jacket - thing is it made it made my helmet a lot noisier and made the wind worse ( moved it to the 'wrong' place ) - so I took it off again.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-19, 10:44 PM   #62
Kpr1969

good evening all..
I'd just like to introduce myself to the group..I'm Kieran and I'm a new SV650 AL9 owner..
well not yet but I travelled upto Preston yesterday to sign up for a deal on an ex-demo with 45 miles on the clock..bit of a no brainer for the money to be honest..went for the white with blue frame/wheels combination..my local had the grey (Suzuki call it silver) with red frame and wheels but I just wasn't taken with the colours..took my 15 year old daughter into the shop last week to have a look and to say her enthusiasm for the colour matched mine is an understatement...
So due to Suzuki apparently changing the rules on Friday..I have to wait until the bike is 120 days old from registration before it can be sold so I can pick it up on the 26th..which works well for me actually as I have an old XJ600 that I have to shift to make way for the new arrival..
Anyway..just saying hello to you all..
I'll try not to be the new annoying person who asks all the questions that have been asked a million times before.
Kpr1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-19, 11:17 PM   #63
Ljay

Hi Kpr1969 you have chosen same as me I had choice of all colours and something about White took me. A quirk by Suzuki is V5 calls bike Black which threw me and insurer for a few days
The review above from SV650 rules is good to watch, checked out TMF too.
I got cracking deal on new AL9 and found ride home better than outgoing MT07 just bonded right away. The clutch assist is a bit different but OK.
Hope you have many happy miles together, am same might seek a deal of advice too at times.
Ljay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-19, 08:36 AM   #64
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ljay View Post
I got cracking deal on new AL9 and found ride home better than outgoing MT07 just bonded right away. The clutch assist is a bit different but OK.
Hope you have many happy miles together, am same might seek a deal of advice too at times.
To be honest if I didn't know the low revs clutch assist was there from reading about it I would never have guessed it was there, to me it is so unobtrusive as to be invisible.

I would have had the red frame in a heartbeat if it had been available in 2016 - I got blue tank and black frame and wheels ( could not even get red tank in 2016, the only colours
were ( all with black frame ) blue tank and blue wheels, white tank black wheels and blue tank with black wheels ( and maybe black tank as well ), they showed a red tank in brochure
but not available in UK at that time ( I had to wait almost 2 months for delivery as I pre-ordered before the AL7 was available in UK ). .

I don't like the way that the tester in video holds in the clutch at traffic lights though, rather than put it into neutral, then he complained towards the end of video that his hand
was getting tired. But maybe in London traffic you learn that you have to hold in the clutch to get a super fast getaway when the lights change ? I am often in neutral before I stop
and only really use clutch for changing down and pulling away ( in the habit of changing up without using clutch ).

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Last edited by SV650rules; 07-10-19 at 04:58 PM.
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-19, 04:49 PM   #65
Bike27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpr1969 View Post
good evening all..
I'd just like to introduce myself to the group..I'm Kieran and I'm a new SV650 AL9 owner..
well not yet but I travelled upto Preston yesterday to sign up for a deal on an ex-demo with 45 miles on the clock..bit of a no brainer for the money to be honest..went for the white with blue frame/wheels combination..my local had the grey (Suzuki call it silver) with red frame and wheels but I just wasn't taken with the colours..took my 15 year old daughter into the shop last week to have a look and to say her enthusiasm for the colour matched mine is an understatement...
Hi Kieran, welcome to the forum - it will be nice to have another Gen3 owner on board.

The white with blue frame was my favourite of the 2019 options when I was checking them out around Feb/March, but having spent quite some time before hand looking online I knew I would have to see the black tank /red frame colour scheme from 2018 before reaching a decision.

Having seen all the 2019 colour schemes in dealers first, I was even mentally trying to picture the black tank of the one, with the red frame of the other.

No prizes for guessing which one I ended up with
Bike27 is offline   Reply With Quote