SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 19-01-08, 05:17 PM   #1
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

Default There are Lies, Lies and Advertising...... Soukiss down

Take this for example.

Taken from the Range Rover website, Safety and Security section

I have proof that its not very true - want to see it?

Seems that the "Commanding Driving Position" doesn't really have the effect that it "means potential hazards can be eaily sighted"

Yep, folks tried to sneak it in but in reality this is the "Soulkiss got SMIDSY'd" thread.

Basically heading south on the Brighton Road, in the Bus Lane, which is only in operation from 4PM to 7PM Monday to Friday.

Car going in the same direction in the lane to my right indicating to go left - so crossing my lane. So I continue, but slowing, and watching her like a hawk for any sign that she hasn't seen me and is going to turn across me, but all seems fine, and she stops, indicating her turn, so with right-of-way I contine, to leave her to turn after I am passed on the inside.

Except that the guy in the Range Rover coming the other way, also wanting to turn into that road has decided that the woman stopping is a signal to him to proceed to make his move.

Straight into my path.

Brakes on, Hit the front of him, back of the bike in the air, me over the bars, bike on the road.

Damage to the bike looks to be cosmetic - will find out more from Metropolis on Monday, but rough estimate is new fairing, mudguard, inner fairing, headlight unit, clutch lever, gear shift lever, and a coolant hose from the radiator to the engine.

Mr Jambo and some hanger on that I *think* I have seen at the odd Soho Massive meet (:P) came to have a look, and we got the thing running.

Decided that as the insurance will be sorting this one out, that taking it back to Jambo's for fixing would not be the best course of action, mainly because fixing it to get it home to send it to get fixed seemed like an awful waste of time, and that letting the insurance deal with picking it up and getting it to the repairers would be better..

So Monday morning I will see what I can do about getting a loan bike Wonder if they will give me one of them new B-King thingys.......

More pics HERE

Oh I walked away, nothing broken, going to have some nice bruises in the morning tho I think.........

Thanks to Jambo and Sarj for coming out

And to Bear and Sid Squid for the phone calls

█╬╬╬╬()i¯i▀▀▀▀▀█Ξ███████████████████████████████)

Last edited by SoulKiss; 19-01-08 at 05:22 PM.
SoulKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-08, 05:21 PM   #2
Richie
fantabulas
Mega Poster

Default Re: There are Lies, Lies and Advertising......

Bloody hell, glad your ok...
have a hot bath and a relax...
Old 19-01-08, 05:21 PM   #3
the_lone_wolf
Captain Awesome
Mega Poster

sounds open and shut, hope it goes well with the insurance companies...
(⌐■_■)
Deal with it...
the_lone_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-08, 05:26 PM   #4
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

Bloody hell mate, glad you're OK
Old 19-01-08, 05:26 PM   #5
FG1

David, glad to hear you are OK. Pity about the steed though.
Old 19-01-08, 05:31 PM   #6
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

Bikes just metal and plastic.

Worst bit of it all was the part where I had to phone home and let the misses know....... Seriously considered giving up riding, even brought it up with her when I go home and asked her if she wanted me to give it up.

Still after she slapped me round the side of the head for asking stupid questions and getting an answer of "of course not", then things are fine - didn't have whiplash when I got in but the necks aching from that slap now :P

Thanks for all the replies folks - just remember that because you have one hazard under good observation, it doesn't mean that there isn't another one there.

Note to self - no more crashing !!!!!

Old 19-01-08, 05:35 PM   #7
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulKiss View Post
Still after she slapped me round the side of the head for asking stupid questions and getting an answer of "of course not", then things are fine - didn't have whiplash when I got in but the necks aching from that slap now :P
lol
Old 19-01-08, 05:39 PM   #8
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkie_chris View Post
lol
Talking about lies........before I DO get a slap I had better point out that some of the paragraph laughed at MAY not be totally true.

Old 19-01-08, 05:42 PM   #9
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

Quote:

You missed the small-print off: "though we make every effort, we cannot be held accountable for the f###wit behind the wheel"

Quote:
Talking about lies........before I DO get a slap I had better point out that some of the paragraph laughed at MAY not be totally true.
Hehe
Old 19-01-08, 05:48 PM   #10
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

They should re-write the Range Rover ad to say something along these lines i think.

The Range Rover´s acclaimed Command driving position provides its drivers with an elevated sense of self worth, confidence inspiring view of surrounding traffic and an all encompasing sense of safety when hitting anything smaller than another Range Rover. The improved visibility afforded by the Command driving position also means potential hazards can be easily sighted, ignored and generally bullied out of the way. After all your money not only buys you this big box on wheels but also the satisfaction of knowing other roads users fear your presence and all road rules no longer apply to you.
Comes with built in hands free car kit which can easily be disabled at the flick of a switch. After all you want everyone to see how important you are and how expensive your mobile is by holding it to your ear.
Be the best bully you can be, buy a big box on wheels.

David, gald you're ok mate and yeh...stop crashing now. I think you've proven you can do that well enough
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote