SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 27-05-19, 07:42 AM   #1
Seeker
Mega Poster

Default Guns don't kill people...

...oh, really? Looks like this one tried to kill someone to me:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1064546833421271040

(admit it, you laughed)
Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-19, 07:46 AM   #2
Othen

Default Re: Guns don't kill people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
...oh, really? Looks like this one tried to kill someone to me:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1064546833421271040

(admit it, you laughed)

That was a funny little staged scene

I have quite a few guns, but haven’t killed anyone for ages.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 27-05-19, 08:23 AM   #3
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Where is the blood ? I didn't see any blood !

As Othen said, Nice little staged scene, and why would anyone film what he was doing, guessing blanks being used. Funny though, as long as anti-gun lobby don't think it is in any way convincing.

Best thing about guns ( even air powered ones ) is that they do a good job on those pesky grey squirrels ( and give native reds a chance ) who cause me to spent £££'s on metal anti-squirrel bird feeders that I could spend on extra bird food instead.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-19, 08:36 AM   #4
Othen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV650rules View Post
Where is the blood ? I didn't see any blood !

As Othen said, Nice little staged scene, and why would anyone film what he was doing, guessing blanks being used. Funny though, as long as anti-gun lobby don't think it is in any way convincing.

Best thing about guns ( even air powered ones ) is that they do a good job on those pesky grey squirrels ( and give native reds a chance ) who cause me to spent £££'s on metal anti-squirrel bird feeders that I could spend on extra bird food instead.

Of course people will think the staged scene is convincing, for many people (and most people in the UK) the closest they will have come to a real gun will be the PlayStation.
Anti-gun campaigners often think shooters are less intelligent (as per the caption with the staged clip), I think the same goes for anti-hunting, anti-motorcycling and so on. I suppose one day we end up with everyone spending all day laying on the sofa playing the games console rather than actually doing things (a bit like in The Machine Stops) - and all weighing 20 stone.
I certainly agree about shooting those pesky grey squirrels (and pigeons, and rabbits...).

Old 27-05-19, 01:29 PM   #5
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Othen View Post
I certainly agree about shooting those pesky grey squirrels (and pigeons, and rabbits...).

I'm not going to wade in on the gun side of things but as for the invasive grey squiggles... Got two of these on their way to me as I have a feeling I have them in my loft.

https://www.trapbarn.com/product/fennmk4/

Knowing my luck the clank/squeek! will probably wake me up as much as the pattering of feet but hopefully it will deter them enough until I can find the way they're getting in!

Then I can get the tunnel coverings and leave the traps outside where they go back and forth all day to hopefully reduce their numbers further as they KEEP DIGGING UP MY VEG PLANTS!!!!! Little gits.
Old 27-05-19, 02:47 PM   #6
Othen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Trev View Post
I'm not going to wade in on the gun side of things but as for the invasive grey squiggles... Got two of these on their way to me as I have a feeling I have them in my loft.

https://www.trapbarn.com/product/fennmk4/

Knowing my luck the clank/squeek! will probably wake me up as much as the pattering of feet but hopefully it will deter them enough until I can find the way they're getting in!

Then I can get the tunnel coverings and leave the traps outside where they go back and forth all day to hopefully reduce their numbers further as they KEEP DIGGING UP MY VEG PLANTS!!!!! Little gits.

... or an air rifle to get them when they are outside digging up your veg

Old 27-05-19, 03:05 PM   #7
chris8886
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Trev View Post

I'm sorry Trev, but this did make me giggle a little....
Daytona 675: Arrow can (with a baffle that's gone missing in action....), quickshifter, shorty levers, custom paintjob
chris8886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-19, 03:09 PM   #8
yokohama

I had one of them in my loft a few years ago. It gnawed through a wooden soffit under the eaves, made a nest in the loft corner and ran around at night weeing everywhere and chewing electrical cables.
I baited a space in the garden with white chocolate kit-kat for a week and on Saturday, settled down by a bedroom window with an air rifle, leading to a most satisfying resolution of the problem.
yokohama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-19, 03:48 PM   #9
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

I just know Lady Poppy will say no to the air rifle option and The Monkey would have a fit. Part of me wants to get the humane traps but legally you're not allowed to let them go as they're vermin so you're meant to clobber them on the back of the head - easier said than done. Drowning is apparently inhumane and could lead to prosecution but would be so easy using the water butt behind the shed while they're trapped in a metal box trap. So, spring trap it is. The videos of these things in action look like they're very effective.
Old 27-05-19, 04:35 PM   #10
Othen

Quote:
Originally Posted by yokohama View Post
I had one of them in my loft a few years ago. It gnawed through a wooden soffit under the eaves, made a nest in the loft corner and ran around at night weeing everywhere and chewing electrical cables.
I baited a space in the garden with white chocolate kit-kat for a week and on Saturday, settled down by a bedroom window with an air rifle, leading to a most satisfying resolution of the problem.