SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 12-09-08, 11:16 PM   #1
dirtsk8

Default Where's my ankle gone?

Jeesus! - look before you leap I stepped off my decking tonight, carrying stuff to the shed and fell some distance (about 4 feet) to the slabs below. A suspected broken ankle turned out to be just badly sprained, but it still means a whole week at least, with no 2 wheeled action of any kind

I took this photo in the hospital while waiting to be x-rayed.

Old 12-09-08, 11:29 PM   #2
Lozzo

Default Re: Where's my ankle gone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtsk8 View Post

I took this photo in the hospital while waiting to be x-rayed.

I did this simply falling off a kerb on a stag night in Milton Keynes, and I wasn't even drinking.

It hurts, doesn't it?

Old 12-09-08, 11:55 PM   #3
xXBADGERXx

Yummayyyyyy

I have 4 screws and 3 wires in mine so it looks like that all the time , terrible way to live but Meh , we are still riding bikes people
Old 13-09-08, 08:18 AM   #4
G
Mega Poster

**** thats gonna hurt in the morning.

I did pretty much the same to my ankle, I couldnt drive for work for two weeks so had to work from home.

It didnt hurt so much at first, I fell down an open manhole on the motorway when running down the hard shoulder to get to my girlfriend who had a blow out, I still managed to change the tyre (while the traffic wombles just stood and watched), its when I got home and the next morning it really starts hurting.

I could run for nearlly 3 months and its still not really right now.

Sprains are worse than breaks.
Old 13-09-08, 08:33 AM   #5
Jdubya

I did that to my ankle just before Christmas last year...hurt like **** when I did it. I still have to support it sometimes when I play sports. Couldn't ride the bike for about 6wks after.
Keep it in a tube brace for a while though...helps a lot.
Old 13-09-08, 09:37 AM   #6
Sean_C

I walked to school and back for a fortnight with 4 broken bones in my foot before I could convince my parents to take me to hospital, so I can appreciate the pain
Old 13-09-08, 09:44 AM   #7
neillfergie

looks nice and swollen there (either that or you have fat ankles?) did something similar when i was playing rugby at school, a ruck collapsed on my leg and twisted my right foot right round counter clockwise. Tore up all the ligaments pretty badly and swelled up in a few moments. the pain was so bad i passed out a few times as they moved the other players off my leg (oh the fond memories of school). by the time i got home it looked pretty nasty, all purple and swolen.

my dads diagnosis. . . "run it under the cold tap"

2 years after whilst at the doctors i mentioned some pain in the ankle especially after running etc. after a x ray he confirmed it had probably been broken at some point, apparently running these under a cold tap wont fix them.

moral of the story, dads know nothing about injurys, always go to the hospital and get it checked by a professional
Old 13-09-08, 10:15 AM   #8
kitkat

lol you have a cankle - mine look like that all the time.

my daughter was visiting friends in scotland and fell off a horse. went to A & E and was told she had sprained it. We had moved but were getting our mail redirected. A letter came in couple of weeks ago saying the doctor had had a look at the xray and she had fractured it. could she go in for treatment. As it was 6 weeks after fall - she decided not to bother lol
Old 13-09-08, 11:39 AM   #9
ArtyLady

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitkat View Post
lol you have a cankle - mine look like that all the time.
hahaha!...youre not the only one!!

Hope you feel better soon dirtsk8 - I fell off a kerb and actually broke a bone in my foot - very painfull

Last edited by ArtyLady; 13-09-08 at 11:50 AM. Reason: forgot to say GWS
Old 13-09-08, 12:01 PM   #10
Baph

I've sprained my ankle before now, and it left me on crutches for 2 weeks.

I did it changing my sons nappy.