SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Suits Post your own reviews, opinions and experiences on this subject.

Old 11-05-05, 12:56 PM   #1
Grinch

Default Water proof Over suit

Anyone use one??? As the weather is changing I'm going over to my 'mid' summer gear but due to the 130 mile journey I do I would like something just incase.
Any recomendations please, and I'm only 5"6' so I don't want anything that makes me look like I'm wearing a nappy.
Old 11-05-05, 01:05 PM   #2
jonboy

Well although I've got a one piece Spada lined over-suit it never gets used now. Too bulky and leaks round the crotch area (I promise it's not me, honest ).

The best thing I've found is Alpine Stars two piece rain gear that folds up small, quick to get on, waterproof (yes really) and dries out in 30 mins max. I think the trousers and jacket cost around £55.

It's the RJ-3 gear, here's a PDF:

http://www.alpinestars.it/_lp/2005Ap.../rain-gear.pdf

Just make sure you buy one size larger than normal otherwise it won't slip easily over your normal gear.

Old 11-05-05, 01:28 PM   #3
Mr Toad

Buffalo Rain Suit

http://www.bifax.co.uk/rain_suit.html

Does the job
Lives in a pouch with straps, so you can wear it around you waist when on the bike (just make sure you click the straps together properly - very embarassing when it shoots off when you're going down the A3 )
Legs are a bit long, but I just keep 2 large elastic bands with me to hold them in place around my boots
Old 11-05-05, 02:08 PM   #4
Grinch

That might be just the trick..
Old 22-05-05, 10:58 PM   #5
Richie
fantabulas
Mega Poster

I'd thought everyone went to lidl's to get the £10 one....
Seam's to work really well, Rode over 230 miles in constance rain and no leek's almost..... Well I need new boots.
Old 08-06-05, 02:51 PM   #6
will

i recently bought a buffalo rain suit. does the job perfectly but is tricky to transport in dry weather mode.

there is a dodgy batch in circulation. the straps which are supposed to go round the waist when the suit has been folded away (ie not in use) are too short.

unfortunately the entire buffalo supply in the uk is affected,a they don't know when the next batch wil be in. they will replace the suit if you have already bought one with the short straps, but this is likley to take some weeks plus.

however, if you are 6' tall and have a waist size of 20 inches, then it is made to measure.
Old 13-06-05, 08:37 AM   #7
Ping

I've got a Dainese one piece. No problems with it at all.

Well, I say that... It came in this compact little 'bumbag' which was excellent... u just strap it round ur waist and whip it out when it rains... but I can't seem to get it back in it's little bag (god knows how they got it in there in the first place ) so I have to carry it in my backpack...

Old 13-06-05, 08:45 AM   #8
jonboy

So now it's a question of does my suit look big in this?

Old 15-06-05, 09:17 PM   #9
WelshWop

I have the Alpinestars El Nino 2 piece. I tried the RJ-3 but IMO the El Nino were worth the extra money as they are lined, making them more comfortable and easier to put on/take off, the jacket has a full zip, and they have alot more reflective bits on them. They seem to be 100% waterproof (no leaks as yet).
And if your a bit of a tart like me you will like them as they are very stylish compaired to most other rain gear available.

PS.They have just changed the design from the picture in the link