SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 01-02-07, 09:51 AM   #1
Tomcat

Default Trials bike ... happy now Hovis!

Got to let you know of my new find...and am sure others are going to say they already knew about it but....

Last night I went to pick up my new ty250 (big kid that I am!) from Wakefield. I was starving so stopped and asked this bloke 'is there a chippy round here' ..... like you do. Well I got more then I bargained for. A brilliant drive thru chippy and a resturant called Empire (anyone know it?)

The BEST fish and chips I have ever had, and a dam good brew . If any of you are in that area, find it, you will love it!

Old 01-02-07, 09:54 AM   #2
furrybean

What about Bills on Fairfield Rd Tomcat?....

If hes ever open!
Old 01-02-07, 09:56 AM   #3
Tomcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by furrybean
What about Bills on Fairfield Rd Tomcat?....

If hes ever open!
Nar, honestly these were the best! (know where you mean tho!)
Old 01-02-07, 11:03 AM   #4
tricky

The one on Bunbury Street opposite the bus garage in Notts is one of the best I've ever been to.

Are we to be treated to some pics of your new trials bike then Tomcat ?

Old 01-02-07, 11:13 AM   #5
Tomcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky
The one on Bunbury Street opposite the bus garage in Notts is one of the best I've ever been to.

Are we to be treated to some pics of your new trials bike then Tomcat ?

sure .... need to do a few mods yet! Needs a front sprocket guard (on its way from fleebay!), engine guard thingy, think that's about it!

Got home about 11 last night so not given it the full treatment yet (is in the kitchen on a stand ready!), am v excited about it! Will get pics over the weekend and post, for those who are interested! Just need to learn to ride it .... have done a bit but now is the time to grab it by the scruff of its neck!
Old 01-02-07, 11:16 AM   #6
tricky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomcat
Just need to learn to ride it .... have done a bit but now is the time to grab it by the scruff of its neck!
I think the key with trials is patience and perseverance, I wish I'd tried a bit harder before I sold my Fantic.
Old 01-02-07, 11:22 AM   #7
Tomcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky
Quote:
Just need to learn to ride it .... have done a bit but now is the time to grab it by the scruff of its neck!
I think the key with trials is patience and perseverance, I wish I'd tried a bit harder before I sold my Fantic.
I mountain bike quite a bit so I consider myself fairly well balanced (obviously not in an emotional way, am as flaky as the next person! ) so I think that should help. As I say I have done a bit and got the bug to do more, so thought I may as well give it a shot. Am quite aggressive when I want to do something so see how it goes, just hope I don't scare myself too much

Any tips gratefully received!
Old 01-02-07, 11:55 AM   #8
hovis

Default Re: chippy!

Quote:

Last night I went to pick up my new ty250

balls to the chippy .........what year ty ?
Old 01-02-07, 12:18 PM   #9
Tomcat

Default Re: chippy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hovi5
Quote:

Last night I went to pick up my new ty250

balls to the chippy .........what year ty ?
01 will do some pics over the weekend! Don't know loads about it yet, not really arsed so long as it climbs and runs well. Looks tidy, I had to buy it when I found out that the the guy i bought it off was selling it cos it scared him .... yee ha! (these big butch rugby players aren't all they crack up to be!)
Old 01-02-07, 12:23 PM   #10
hovis

a 2001 ty250 ??????????????????

are you sure?

they stopped making ty250 in the early 90s.......they changed to a tyz 250 but they stopped at around 97

can you post a piccy?