SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum



2008 Annual Rideout Discussions & info on the 2008 SV650.org's annual rideout.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-07-08, 10:18 AM   #1
Kate Moss
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default What a weekend

Thank you to everyone for making me feel welcome at AR. It was so nice to finally meet some people from the org. i have my favourites but i wont name and shame!!

Think I got away quite lightly with Bear after the initial greeting! so I am greatful for that!!

After this weekend, I have no doubts about learning to ride. It has given me such encouragement and insentive to keep practising on my 125 and get onto the SV as soon as possible. So AR09 look out, il be over taking you all!!!

Thank you to the organisers, you did a superb job, you even manage to get the sun to come out for the majority of the ride.

Thank you also to those who rescued our flimsy tent while Phil and I were off site!

Quiff, il beat you next time at Pool!

And finally - Thanks Phil for riding so well with me on the back. Only feared fro my life once or twice!!

THANK YOU

XXXXXXX
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-08, 10:30 AM   #2
Stu
Trinity
Mega Poster
 
Stu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Guildford
Posts: 8,017
Default Re: What a weekend

Thanks for raising the visual attractiveness level around the campsite
Seriously, glad you had great fun, and are inspired to carry on with your own riding
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-08, 10:43 AM   #3
Ed
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: What a weekend

It was a great weekend, so much fun. Back at work, I feel completely unmotivated. Reriding those ace roads in my mind. The one just after lunch - where we passed the church fete on the way to the A31 - was fantastic Oh yeah, the one round Corfe Castle was fantastic too.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-08, 10:50 AM   #4
Alpinestarhero
Member
Mega Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 6,191
Default Re: What a weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs24_7 View Post
Only feared fro my life once or twice!!
Pah, he wasn't trying hard enough!
Alpinestarhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-08, 11:21 AM   #5
Kate Moss
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: What a weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpinestarhero View Post
Pah, he wasn't trying hard enough!

Well i was supposed to give him a break and go pillion with Neio for a while so Phil could play with the fast boys but I didn't fancy going 145mph on Neios beast of a bike !!!

I think Phil was trying to loose me off the back of the bike!!

Did you see me stood by the side of the road at one point?? I thought he was going to leave me there!!

Last edited by Kate Moss; 07-07-08 at 11:57 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-08, 11:31 AM   #6
Warthog
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: What a weekend

Urgh talk about lack of work motivation! I have just been sitting here all day, browsing photos and reliving memories!
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-08, 11:55 AM   #7
Stu
Trinity
Mega Poster
 
Stu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Guildford
Posts: 8,017
Default Re: What a weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs24_7 View Post
Did you see me stood by the side of the road at one point?? I thought he was going to leave me there!!
Someone did say they saw someone kitted up with helmet on etc. & no bike in sight.
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-08, 12:00 PM   #8
Kate Moss
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: What a weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addicted View Post
Someone did say they saw someone kitted up with helmet on etc. & no bike in sight.

yep that would have been me!!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-08, 12:04 PM   #9
BernardBikerchick
pogzogpod
Mega Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Swindonia with Electro :)
Posts: 1,308
Default Re: What a weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs24_7 View Post
Thank you to everyone for making me feel welcome at AR. It was so nice to finally meet some people from the org. i have my favourites but i wont name and shame!!

Think I got away quite lightly with Bear after the initial greeting! so I am greatful for that!!

After this weekend, I have no doubts about learning to ride. It has given me such encouragement and insentive to keep practising on my 125 and get onto the SV as soon as possible. So AR09 look out, il be over taking you all!!!

Thank you to the organisers, you did a superb job, you even manage to get the sun to come out for the majority of the ride.

Thank you also to those who rescued our flimsy tent while Phil and I were off site!

Quiff, il beat you next time at Pool!

And finally - Thanks Phil for riding so well with me on the back. Only feared fro my life once or twice!!

THANK YOU

XXXXXXX

go get an sv !!
__________________
I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying!!!
BernardBikerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-08, 12:09 PM   #10
Kate Moss
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: What a weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardBikerchick View Post
go get an sv !!

got one, just haven't got the licence yet!!
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone Out and about this weekend? Mark_h Guildford Massive 5 01-09-07 06:43 PM
This Weekend(25/26) ASM-Forever Thames Valley 74 28-08-07 08:44 AM
This Weekend GMS Pennine Massive 10 29-07-07 05:42 PM
Big D's this weekend Smudge Pennine Massive 10 18-07-07 08:47 AM
A little something for the weekend jonboy Photos 12 02-01-06 02:11 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® - Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.